Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Bodywork and interior
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th September 2012, 08:52 PM

Trick-kit you said that everything from that moulds needs to be reworked that is absolulty not true!!!!!!!!!
I get parts from both fabby and Saturn, the parts from fabby need a full paintjob but from Saturn it was spot on. I donīt now how Nathans parts looks like so I will not talk about that.

Janne
Old 11th September 2012, 09:03 PM

Why is it such a big problem with those worn moulds? Isn't it possible to make a mould out of a part buffed to a high standard? It's just a bit more complex than making a bodywork part itself. I believe Andy H mentioned on here he plans to make new moulds some time prior to stepping away.
Old 11th September 2012, 09:07 PM

I dont think there was a problem with anything spud/nathan turned out for sale, it was merely the fact the molds were tired and it took a fair bit of luck and a lot of elbow grease to bring them to saleable standard. Remember all the seconds for sale!!!!!!!!. There are enough happy customers out there with the spud/nathan products but there are also a few pissed off ones . You cant win them all

Bob

The cave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...deshow/mancave

The build http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12669
Old 11th September 2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne E View Post
Trick-kit you said that everything from that moulds needs to be reworked that is absolulty not true!!!!!!!!!
I get parts from both fabby and Saturn, the parts from fabby need a full paintjob but from Saturn it was spot on. I donīt now how Nathans parts looks like so I will not talk about that.

Janne
No Janne, I said that the parts that Nathan (and Andy towards the end i'm guessing) had to be reworked, not everthing. As you said you cannot coment on things you haven't seen, I am only commenting on the 4 or 5 sets i've seen in the flesh over the last couple of years.

Sadly it would seem the moulds have reached the end of their life and need drastic maintenance or replacement.

As regards your bodywork by Fabby, I cannot comment, again i haven't seen it, however I have seen about 10 other sets he did make and they were all very well finished, Marks green set (Gus on here) HandyAndy's and don't forget the set used by Andy to promote Saturn's business were made by Fabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno View Post
Hi John,
Any idea when you will be unveiling the Vodou products...
I have curious about your car for sometime

Johno
Hey Johno, it's not my car, Vodou belongs to Matt I just help out in a technical role when needed Matt is now back woking at things having had a few personnal issues to deal with, I can't talk about when yet (I'm sworn to secrecy) but things are moving fast.