Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th May 2017, 02:28 PM

Default Vmax's humble pie

I am sorry about my low profile for the last couple of days i needed to take some time out to think and work out my plan

On 26th of jan the wife walked out not going into what happened but when she left she did take all the money with her leaving me with just 42p the moulds and the materials to make most of your parts as you can imagine this was a very stressful time and if i am honest i lost motivation to do anything and actually spent a long time sat on the sofa feeling sorry for myself working maybe 2 hours a day anyway because of my low mood and wo is me and lack the day attitude

Going into this venture i intended to produce good quality parts on time and at a reasonable price this for a number of reasons hasn't happened and i apologise for any grief i have cause to my customers you all have every reason to be p****d off

As a result of my attitude i have run out of money for daily living and bills forcing me to find a part time job to make ends meet this will at least get me out of bed on a morning so i will be able to get more done

As i have said i am willing to offer refunds as and when i have the cleared funds but i will have to earn this money before i can give it back as all my funds are in the materials in the workshop (and dinning room and spare bedroom)

I will endevour to deliver all parts as soon as possible but i am working alone and a full kit is about 75 hours work

The condition issues with the moulds is to the nosecone and rear arches moulds and they require a lot of finishing and thats if they don't lock to the mould these moulds i am trying to get time to make new ones and improve quality and lead times

I have switched on my facebook page and deleted some messages on here and as i said in the start i wont ignore anyones messages so feel free and i will always help where i can

Many thanks for your understanding and i will improve service starting now

I do apologise for my behaviour and qttitude to all that have been affected
Old 18th May 2017, 04:46 PM

Significant life events can be disabling, I hope you're seeking support.

One thing that may help the people with outstanding orders and refunds might be, as Garyout has suggested a list so we know where we stand. If people can see that list decreasing it'll likely settle anxieties and help to make you feel less pressured. Organising the problem will likely help all involved and give rise to continued patience in your outstanding customers. Not knowing what is going on is worse than hearing bad news, I learnt that lesson from spending several years working in customer service.

I would highly recommend offering seconds to those with outstanding orders first though. You might get lucky if they accept them which means one less person to satisfy. FYI if a second was the correct shape and finish but with a dodgy gel coat I would have taken it.

Last edited by norton : 18th May 2017 at 04:48 PM.
Old 18th May 2017, 04:50 PM

Most of the seconds i have produced has been dodgy/ thin gel i didn't consider that as an option thanks for pointing that out i will in future i will pop a list up once i work out whats what
Old 18th May 2017, 04:53 PM

I'd happily finish and vinyl wrap some bodywork or even trying my hand at spraying but crucially, it needs to be the correct shape.
Old 18th May 2017, 04:57 PM

The only shape issue is the wide scoop bonnet as the mould was made badly it is on my list of new moulds but like everything else they take time
Old 18th May 2017, 05:04 PM

How does the plain bonnet without scoop look?
Old 18th May 2017, 05:21 PM

This is the standard bonnet but it does not fit with the mx5 plenum although a power bulge may look ok but the fit is much better i will be making the new wide scoop mould from this mould with the wider scoop blended in
Old 18th May 2017, 06:28 PM

Ok I have dealt with Dave and also can vouch for him as a person
I am not going to make excuses for the communication or his personal situation but will clarify a few points re the mounds I have had a previous set of bodywork from these moulds ( Gilliam) and there are issues with them the "current" wide scoop bonnet requires @ 1/4" removing from the centreline in front of the scoop opening, reinforcing and refinishing. Only do this once you are able to clamp it down on the car .
There are and have been some " marks" in the mould on the outside edge of the o/s rear arch
I know that he is working hard to sort these issues and I wish both him and all waiting the very best
As a wee pointer anyone taking seconds with a view to wrapping them , don't use red vinyl as it very quickly fades to pink .... I know from experience

Good luck one and all
Old 1st August 2017, 04:40 PM

Has anyone heard from Dave and/or come to a conclusion with regards to their orders/refunds?
Old 1st August 2017, 09:28 PM

Sent a few emails but not heard a dIckie bird.. this southern softie is starting to get the cock ache.

Keep me in the loop and I'm alright with that BUT!!!