Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th February 2013, 08:19 PM

Sounds great. Son number one has always wanted to take up diving. He left the UK early December to do some travelling. He spent three weeks diving off Gili Trawangan and other places in Indonesia and Cambodia. He's completely hooked on it now. He's in Brisbane now and determined to dive the Barrier Reef.

Have a great time. (It would be hard not to !!)
Old 14th February 2013, 08:23 AM

[quote=TheArf;88531]I am assuming that you are one of those P.A.D.I. instructors, cross to the dark side and become a proper instructor, where you enter the water with a 14" dagger between your teeth and a hacksaw and prybar on your utility belt.

Arfon

With all the flooding in wales you still have criminals roaming the streets tooled up??Tut

Bob

The cave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...deshow/mancave

The build http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12669
Old 14th February 2013, 09:29 AM

An old mate of mine called Dave Norman is a diving instructor in a place called Pattaya in Chin Buri and has just invested in a small bar there. Is that anywhere near where you are going ?
Old 14th February 2013, 02:15 PM

No No No the only criminals around the flooded areas are the insurence assessors, atleast Dick Turpin wore a mask

Arfon
Old 16th February 2013, 04:24 AM

Thank you very much for the wishes guys. I arrived yesterday, as expected, it is nice and sunny. But now, it is time to get some work done !

Some personal replies to follow
Old 16th February 2013, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4KEV View Post
Jammy bugger hope you have a good time bud....will be needing one more line from you ...I have a master cylinder for a clutch and the flare nut union is 12 x 1....and I have a slave cylinder from a alfa 156 and it is this one I am struggling to find out the flare nut size, I think it might be 7/16 x 24 but not sure yet, so if I am reading you right ...you can still process orders from us lot.
like I say Syl av a gud un.
cheers mate
Kev
No problem Kev, just let me know what you need and when, and I can place the order any time. If you are not sure of the thread on the slave cylinder side, I can ask my boss, he should be able to figure it out.
Just keep me posted
Old 16th February 2013, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArf View Post
I am assuming that you are one of those P.A.D.I. instructors, cross to the dark side and become a proper instructor, where you enter the water with a 14" dagger between your teeth and a hacksaw and prybar on your utility belt.
Yep you guessed it B.S.A.C open water instructor, never been to the east, have a great time and dont forget the deco stop after a hard day at the office

Arfon

p.s but I have been to Cuba, Egypt, The canaries(all four), Malta, Turkey, Greek mainland Corfu,Rhodes,Zante,Scapa Flow oh and most of the decent sites in the U.K., only regret is I havn't been to Oban
Ahahah Arf, I like your description of the BSAC divers

But I'm not ashamed, as I am actually a trained and certified CMAS ** diving instructor, having started diving in France 23 years ago (at that time, PADI was forbidden over there !). As you might know, CMAS training is quite tough too
I have the French diving federation cert., the French state cert. (both are CMAS), and when I started working in Asia, yes, I took a crossover to PADI, as it is almost the only organisation working here. No other choices if I wanted a job. So I'm actually 3 times an instructor

Nice places you've been diving btw, I know some of them (I'm a Malta lover).
May be I'll meet you under water before I meet you on the road?
Cheers.
Old 16th February 2013, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz05 View Post
Sounds great. Son number one has always wanted to take up diving. He left the UK early December to do some travelling. He spent three weeks diving off Gili Trawangan and other places in Indonesia and Cambodia. He's completely hooked on it now. He's in Brisbane now and determined to dive the Barrier Reef.

Have a great time. (It would be hard not to !!)
Looks like you son got the Virus, goooood
If you don't mind, I might PM you later as I plan to go down to Indonesia and Gili is on my list. It is always good to talk to people who know the places, and if your son could give me some tips, would be great
Thanks.
Old 16th February 2013, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Anumber View Post
An old mate of mine called Dave Norman is a diving instructor in a place called Pattaya in Chin Buri and has just invested in a small bar there. Is that anywhere near where you are going ?
Actually no, Pattaya is on the other coast, good season is starting later over there. But I might stop there on my way up to Bangkok at the end of my "tour". If I do, I'll let you know.
Thanks!
Old 16th February 2013, 07:27 PM

I'm afraid not sylvain, as i have just two weeks ago decided to retire from diving as i had a huge operation on my knee three years ago and i find it difficult so i decided to call it a day. Now hopefully i will be able to direct more attention to the roadster. I hope you have a great time out there total respectto CMAS cracking agency to train with, as for PADI i have dived with some realy good divers but i have also seen somethings that have made me voice my concerns with the centre, one of these days i wil learn to keep my mouth shut

Arfon