Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > SVA/Legal
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2007, 06:52 PM
Josh's Avatar
Josh Josh is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bromley
Posts: 160
Default doner car

Assuming I use a single doner that is registered in my name, do I get to keep the registration number and the emisions regs that apply to that vechile (looking at a J reg siera!) I'm thinking of using a 2.0 zetec, so what I'll do is register the zetec in the siera before i break it for parts...

Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2007, 08:12 PM
Chris Gibbs
Posts: n/a

You should get an age related plate.

That is, a J registration but NOT the donor registration.

This seems to be universal these days but the DVLA and VOSA are a law unto themselves!

Emissions would be tested on the age of the engine, which you would have to prove. Usually the log book will suffice but with a replacement engine you might need a letter from the manufacturer, which they can supply if you send them the engine number.


Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.