Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Bodywork and interior
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th September 2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
cutting with a short sleave t-shirt on was a bad idea, it does itch a bit!
Good to see another AGM bodied car coming on.
I've not cut my nose out yet but did the side and back panels with a angry grinder.
Did you get teh AGM side panels BTW?
Hi Mike,
With regards to the side panels I've already got some made in Alu. Will see how they workout.
Have you fitted your nosecone yet? If so could you post a piccy from the side.
I'm curious to see if you left a gap between the front frame and back of the nosecone.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa472/JohnoSS1/

Johno
Old 26th September 2012, 01:27 PM

Hi Jonno,

I have in as much put some rivnuts on the chassis, currently it butts up directly I had to sand a little bit off the returns in the nose next to the lower from suspension mounts as it was a very tight fit.
I'm not 100% but I think the scuttle may sit a bit further back than the other kits as I had to cut a hole for the steering column and a bit either side for the steering column brackets (other kits don't have that part of the front bulkhead built in). So I did wonder if it was sat too far forward. But it does all line up nicely with the bonnet in place, I need to rivnut the scuttle in place next, I think it should all be ok.

let me know how you get on,
Old 26th September 2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylliezx9r View Post
Which body work is that by the way?
Hi there....
It's an AGM bodykit...
Very robust in construction TBH with returns on the front and rear of the bonnet so should be able to get some tight fitment between the nosecone and scuttle.
The scuttle has a intergraded front firewall with a protrusion just below where the bonnet flange sits so you will not see a complete vertical gap from the side (does that make sense?). Same with the nosecone as well.

Johno
Old 26th September 2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
Hi Jonno,

I have in as much put some rivnuts on the chassis, currently it butts up directly I had to sand a little bit off the returns in the nose next to the lower from suspension mounts as it was a very tight fit.
I'm not 100% but I think the scuttle may sit a bit further back than the other kits as I had to cut a hole for the steering column and a bit either side for the steering column brackets (other kits don't have that part of the front bulkhead built in). So I did wonder if it was sat too far forward. But it does all line up nicely with the bonnet in place, I need to rivnut the scuttle in place next, I think it should all be ok.

let me know how you get on,
Hi Mike,
I believe if the nosecone butts upto the front chassis frame like you said it puts the scuttle further back compared to Saturns bodywork...
I plan to move the nose slightly forward of the front frame and bring the scuttle back to the transsion between the top rails (don't know rail numbers).
Got some Aero Catches on order this week (you there SeriesLandy for help ) so if I can find the motivation to work on it I might be able to show some progress soon....

Johno