Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Running gear
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th July 2010, 12:28 AM

I think 3ge is saying his are different as they are....

"We produce our own kits, we don't buy from other companies and add a mark up. We use stainless steel for the crush tubes not mild steel, these are machined from solid bar on a CNC lathe to high tolerances. We don't use thick wall tube cut on a band saw (I've seen this done)"

So his product is different than the rest and thus is priced different. Im sure he would sell them for less if he was selling the stock item. Well thats the way i see it anyhow lol.

Skyline Roadster
Old 7th July 2010, 03:04 AM

FWIW, Saturn also claim their crush tubes are CNC machined in stainless steel. I wonder if the photos let us infer that bushes the same across these three places. Also, the product code on RD is DAR003, which seems to suggest that Darren@GTSTuning is the original supplier.
Old 7th July 2010, 09:39 AM

Just seen this thread as i've been mostly away from the forum for a bit.

Basically i think everyone's bush tubes are the same but its not them that are the expensive part its the stainless crush tubes. The s/s rod is expensive to buy and then you need the facilities to turn and drill the rod to make the thick walled crush tubes. Saturn doesn't have these facilities so we buy them in. Cheaper versions maybe mild steel which will be okay for a bit but will soon rust. There are a few parts that Saturn will sell at just above cost, not to make many but to provide a service to other builders.

A few other people use copper slip grease to lubricate the crush tubes to which will stop most of the greasing but will need re-applying every few thousand miles.

The last thing we need is a slagging match just let people make up their own minds.

(Edit) just noticed the RD reference, please check first as these are not the same size as the Haynes roadster crush tubes. Also the price is for 8 and you will need 22 pairs.

Take it easy.....AndyH

Regards..........AndyH

Last edited by spud69 : 7th July 2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 7th July 2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by degmwilliams View Post
Still the UK's biggest & cheapest range of parts to suit the Haynes Roadster!

3ge, how can you use this quote under your name when you have listed the price of 4 sets of bushers and pins and you are the most expensive? Isnt it contradicting your slogan? Im not trying to cause an argument but think they are expensive.
Hi Deg,

You're right, not the best of quotes to have for that post

Andy's right, the expensive part is the crush tube, stainless steel is expensive & so is CNC'ing, which is why our bush kits are fairly close on price.

That slogans been there for ages, for reference our prices have remained fixed for nearly 2 years. When the cost of materials started to rise, we kept our prices the same and didn't pass the cost on to the customer, in fact the only time we changed our prices was at the start of the year when we found a cheaper steel supplier for the tube and reduced our prices.

It's also worth remebering to compare like with like, for examle, our chassis's are £770, more expensive than others but they include all the tubes and all the chassis plates, and have a few extra tubes to add rigidity to the chassis, mounts for a Polo radiator and a pedal box welded in place.

We also include postage in our calculations, unless you are very fortunate to live within travelling distance of any of the suppliers this is something you'll have to pay. Back in December we started free postage for all orders, this was something we were able to keep going for 5 months, until the couriers started to increase prices as fuel costs esculated. Even now, the most you will pay is £10 if you are in main land UK, the only exception to this is a complete chassis (as we can't find any courier who's will to deliver one for £10)

Anyway, enough of my waffling....

Kind regards

John

Contact us at component-sales@hotmail.co.uk or visit our website www.3gecomponents.com

Last edited by 3GE Components : 7th July 2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 7th July 2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GE Components View Post
Hi Deg,

We also include postage in our calculations, unless you are very fortunate to live within travelling distance of any of the suppliers this is something you'll have to pay.
And that is why i use saturn as a last resort ..... good products, good blokes but postage is added to every item. i was going to place an order with them until i worked out that the postage would have come over £50!
My view is that saturn may be cheaper if you are buying a single item but if your buying lots of bits 3ge will be cheaper ........
Old 7th July 2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_g8 View Post
And that is why i use saturn as a last resort ..... good products, good blokes but postage is added to every item. i was going to place an order with them until i worked out that the postage would have come over £50!
My view is that saturn may be cheaper if you are buying a single item but if your buying lots of bits 3ge will be cheaper ........
Sorry Dan, but we don't have the facilities to provide on the stores for multiple shipments. When people contact us i normally just say to select delivery for the largest item which covers the rest.

Know what you mean though, when you order smaller items once you have added the VAT and delivery it will double the price of the item....

Regards....AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 7th July 2010, 07:15 PM
fabbyglass

It's good to have competition as long as everyone plays nicely so be nice and don't you dare buy seats anywhere else other than from my wee daughter

Poor old Darren, he is actually a nice bloke when you meet him it's just that he is a tad unorganised
Old 7th July 2010, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

I see they own the JBA Falcon now, I actually saw one last weekend

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders

Last edited by twinturbo : 7th July 2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10th July 2010, 05:51 PM

do superflex do bushes to fit the roadster?
i know thay do ones like this but not sure of the dimentions?
Old 10th July 2010, 05:57 PM

Hi Baz,

Yes they do, they are around £225 a set.

Kind regards

John

Contact us at component-sales@hotmail.co.uk or visit our website www.3gecomponents.com