Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Engine/transmission
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th August 2010, 09:01 PM

Exclamation Chassis Plate CP24

As some of you will know it tells you to cut CP24 but there is no relative text to discribe the placement of this plate. But if you look carfully at the diagram on page 43, diagram 4.14, the plate is actually labelled CP25 on the left hand side of the picture and CP25 is corectly labelled on the right hand side of the picture this should be in the ammendments page dont you think, and how manny cars out there dont have it ?http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/image...ig_img/eek.gif
Old 8th August 2010, 09:46 PM

I,m a little confused here.... in my book , CP25 is correctly identified to fit on the rear tub upright ( RP3) on both sides of the chassis.

CP24 actually goes at the front of the chassis in the joint where BR1 & BR8 .....BR2 & BR9 meet, its a support plate for the lower rear front wishbone bracket .

I Thought I,d add this to help clarify.... There are 2 CP25 plates for the rear of the chassis as in the diagram you mention.

There are also 2 CP24 plates that are positioned at the front of the chassis as I have described,
Tho , you are correct, there is no text in the book to where CP24 plates are located.

hope this helps.

cheers
andy

Last edited by HandyAndy : 8th August 2010 at 10:09 PM. Reason: extra info
Old 9th August 2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandyAndy View Post
I,m a little confused here.... in my book , CP25 is correctly identified to fit on the rear tub upright ( RP3) on both sides of the chassis.

CP24 actually goes at the front of the chassis in the joint where BR1 & BR8 .....BR2 & BR9 meet, its a support plate for the lower rear front wishbone bracket .

I Thought I,d add this to help clarify.... There are 2 CP25 plates for the rear of the chassis as in the diagram you mention.

There are also 2 CP24 plates that are positioned at the front of the chassis as I have described,
Tho , you are correct, there is no text in the book to where CP24 plates are located.

hope this helps.

cheers
andy
i have filled in this area br2 br9 meets top to bottom as i thought it was an area of likely corrosion salt, water, etc but whilst i totaly agree with you Andy cp25 fits on the outside of rp3 and not the inside as shown in diagram 4.14 page 43 so i fitted cp24 between rp2 and rp3 as in the left hand side of this diagram (4.14) yet another failure of discription !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 9th August 2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonia800 View Post
i have filled in this area br2 br9 meets top to bottom as i thought it was an area of likely corrosion salt, water, etc but whilst i totaly agree with you Andy cp25 fits on the outside of rp3 and not the inside as shown in diagram 4.14 page 43 so i fitted cp24 between rp2 and rp3 as in the left hand side of this diagram (4.14) yet another failure of discription !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nope, CP24 is at the front, where Andy says it goes. It's a small triangular piece.

My book is in the garage, but given the number of Chassis' Andy has put together, I'm pretty certain that he, and all the rest of us who have fitted this plate, are correct.

And would you stop going on about "failures of description". You are building a car from scratch, there is bound to be the odd hurdle to overcome.
Even 'proper' kits rarely go together perfectly first time.
Old 9th August 2010, 07:43 PM

Default I argee with andy

i was talking about the description in the book and no reference to cp24 exists also the failure to mention the rear driveshafts are to long (allready made the wishbones and uprights) hurdles are there to make a sense of achivement but obstacles just trip you up.
Old 9th August 2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonia800 View Post
i was talking about the description in the book and no reference to cp24 exists also the failure to mention the rear driveshafts are to long (allready made the wishbones and uprights) hurdles are there to make a sense of achivement but obstacles just trip you up.
There is a list of amendments here - http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showt...ght=amendments
The CP24 omission was most likely a minor oversight, but a quick search on here for CP24 would have found this - http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showp...9&postcount=21

They have been there for a while, in one form or another. AshG put them up following the crash, Chris had them up before the crash. Also, the forum address is in the back of the book, so pretty much everyone building one would have checked it out at some point.

The wishbones in my book (July 2008 reprint) are the correct ones, so you must have a very early version of the book.
Old 9th August 2010, 09:56 PM

Antonia I have to agree with sean and add my tuppence its really bad form to keep having a pop at Chris as without all his hard work you wouldnt have a book to build a chassis from.
if you expected a bolt together meccano set perhaps you should have saved up and bought yourself a caterham or westie
I understand you being upset at a few mistakes or omissions in the book but they have on the whole been sorted in the second book and this forum had the amendments on it when i first logged on two years ago.
also the problems you are having are relatively minor and easily solved
Ray
Old 10th August 2010, 12:04 AM

I have been reading the forum for some time and slowly buying parts prior to starting my build. As such I was aware of the position of CP24, downloaded the amendments etc.
My question is - I have recently purchased the front and rear wishbones, the rear ones were said to be longer, as per revised drawings and July 2008 reprint, have check and found that the lower are as per revised drawing but the uppers are 10mm longer (280 instead of 270mm). As these have camber adjusters screwed into them will the increased length impact in a negative way or is there ample range of adjustment?

Cheers,

Andrew
Old 10th August 2010, 01:06 AM

It's a M20 thread, so 10 mm is just 4 threads, definitely within the range of adjustment. If you have a problem you can make yourself two camber adjusters that have the threaded part 10 mm longer.
Old 10th August 2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYLEE29 View Post
Antonia I have to agree with sean and add my tuppence its really bad form to keep having a pop at Chris as without all his hard work you wouldnt have a book to build a chassis from.
if you expected a bolt together meccano set perhaps you should have saved up and bought yourself a caterham or westie
I understand you being upset at a few mistakes or omissions in the book but they have on the whole been sorted in the second book and this forum had the amendments on it when i first logged on two years ago.
also the problems you are having are relatively minor and easily solved
Ray
I do totally agree with you, on reflection it would have been better to do more research before tackling this project, and i will admit my failure on this point and yes Chris we do owe him for the hard work that he must have gone through to write such a book. What more can i say (bitch) comes to mind and i do apologise for my harsh comments previously, sorry!!!! for any offence caused. PMT and cars dont go together.