Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Bodywork and interior
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th April 2012, 04:45 PM

Default What wet weather gear?

Hi all,
I'm very pleased to announce that the car recently passed IVA (Exeter) at first attempt. I would like to express my gratitude to this forum and it's members for the endless input and advise along the way (2.5 years!). I could not have done it without the information on here. The recent dry spell has been very timely and allowed a lot of driving time and the opportunity to fine tune suspension, steering and megasquirt. Currently I have the Saturn GRP body kit with aeroscreen. So now I am looking to fit a windscreen and full hood to make it south west country rain proof!
Has anyone on here fitted wet weather gear to the Haynes Roadster? I suppose wet weather gear/windscreen from other "kits" may be possible? The possibilities include GBS Zero, Caterham S3 or Classic, Westfield SE,Tiger Avon, MK Indy to name just a few. I'm not sure of the chassis widths on any of the above cars and how it compares to the Haynes Roadster. The alternative is to make it bespoke from scratch There is also the possibility of making a GRP hardtop.
Any advise/discussion on the above would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
John

Haynes Roadster, Sierra running gear, 2.0 DOHC I4/MT75, Fireblade TBs, Megasquirt