Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th November 2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4KEV View Post
...like larger power bulge bonnet, diffuser apexi gauges honeycomb grill etc etc
... and a car stereo

More seriously Kev', I hope you are OK selling it and it is not by necessity. We all know here that it is a very fine and very special built. So good luck!

One question : it looks like you have "Clubman" Corbeau Seats, is that right? On the paper, they are 495mm wide. As the seat room is 450mm wide on the Raodster, wow could you manage to make them fit please?

I'm looking into the possibility of changing my Cobra seats for another model, but there are not a lot of options out there.

Thanks!
Old 20th November 2017, 07:48 PM

Hiya Syl just feel it was time to move on mate I want a laser cutter and loads of other stuff and I have had a great time with the beast but I got more enjoyment building her than driving ....yeah the seats needed a little "shove" on the upright parts then they fitted fine albeit a little tight, but they move back and forth ok
Old 21st November 2017, 03:20 PM

very detailed description now in announcements under haynes roadster for sale
Old 1st May 2018, 09:09 PM

Ok been a while but decided to put the roadster back on the road this month as a prelude to getting 13 months mot on it in a week or so.
Also decided on a few upgrades first one being a nosecone scoop to direct cool air towards the air filter. The part I used was a vac form of a mini bonnet scoop I had lying around that I made into a plug, the great thing was by using 1.5mm PETG it was pliable enough to "mold " to the roasters shape, although it was not far off any way. After cutting the excess from the vac form I was able to see where I needed to cut into the nosecone worrying thing to do but worth it after all cut out and fettled I sprayed the scoop black and fitted it with double sided tape then glassed it in on the inside, the finishing touch was some chrome trim that had just the right thickness to match the edge of the scoop.
If anyone wants one I can do them for £18 delivered this would be the whole vac form it would be up to you to trim ( relatively easy job) any way here are some photos

Old 14th May 2018, 06:29 PM

I decided the roadster was due some carpet so the latest phase was to start with the passenger side, already had a roll of black so that went onto the side and trans tunnel then I had some old Primera matts that I trimmed and used on the floor, then finished off with a piece of stainless steel on the "door top"

Old 16th May 2018, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

You will be putting in power windows and air con next

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 17th May 2018, 12:56 PM

Lol TT actually I have a few caravan windows that are going to be "manipulated" to give me a taller aeroscreen and some side deflectors as I am getting sick of being buffeted .....powered ,alas not, but if I could!!!!
Old 17th May 2018, 03:54 PM

Moved onto the drivers side now, cutting out the polystyrene sheet to fit triangles ready for carpet...have to say there was an excellent upside to doing this.....the sound deadening effect only on half the car was/is amazing and I can't wait to see what it sounds like when all done.

Old 18th May 2018, 09:00 PM

Nearly finished ....just the top half of the rear seat back to do then might work on some aero screen extensions

Old 19th May 2018, 09:51 PM

Good progress today almost finished carpeting the car....going to have a blast out in it tomoz as it looks like a warm day