Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Chassis
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th September 2011, 09:47 PM

Default RS2 Length

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandyAndy View Post
Unless I,m missing something, which is highly likely

If RS2 is incorrect when positioned into place , then , surely RS1 will be too??

I haven,t got my book at home with me but if you have needed to shorten RS2 then it would appear that BR12 is not "true", if you have only need to shorten RS2 & NOT RS1 then the fault lies in the BR rails.

As others have said , the diff cage is basically a TRUE box welded to the back of the chassis , remembering that you need to leave a 3mm gap for where the small plates are fitted on the cockpit side of the seat back area.

RS10 should be at right angles.

Be careful when presuming all is well by shortening parts here & there to get your measurements correct, ( shouldn,t need to ).
This will cause you problems when you come to fit the wishbone brackets to the diff cage if the diff cage is "wonky" as the placement of the wishbone brackets are measured from various points including the rear face of BR12.

If I had my book I could be more precise

cheers
andy
Hi Andy,
You are correct, RS1 and RS2 are out by exactly the same amount and I am happy that BR12 is square.

I totally agree with what you are saying about modifying parts here and there, that was the big learning curve from my first chassis build and why Im getting a bit frustrated with this one as i have been really careful with the angles (inclinometer) and dimensions.

Im losing hair over this one ) as all other dimensions seem to be correct (having measured over and over again but i must be missing something. I will recheck the angle of SB1 assembly and report back.

Thanks again with your patience and help guys. Will keep you posted.

Thx

Martyn
Old 29th September 2011, 09:59 PM

I,m slightly confused now ( doesn,t take much I know )..

You say you can get the position of RS1 & RS2 correct as per book & as per how Deezee has mentioned....is this correct ?

If so ....

(this is where I,m confused)

Are you saying you can,t get RS4 / 5 / 7 & 7A to meet the seat back rail? & is this what is causing you to have RS10 at an angle instead of a 90 degree right angle ?

Sorry for my questions...just trying to get a clear picture in my head

A photo showing the problem would help

My point about the wishbone bracket placements is to highlight that if you position them incorrectly( from measurements taken from the seat back area/BR rails) then your wishbones won,t fall into line with the upper shock bracket in the suspension box Cp3 /4 etc .

Hope I,m making sense ?
cheers
andy