Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31st October 2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud69 View Post
That is correct Ash, when you compare it to other suppliers and add vat and delivery it is slightly cheaper.
When i first got prices for these particular plasma cuts from the supplier i use my opinion was that the brackets where slightly overpriced, i got them to reduce each one by 50p but this is the lowest they would go. Still saves a lot of awkward cutting though....

Regards...AndyH
Only some suppliers mind Ours are £55.08 (Shock & wishbone with the VAT, delivery & forum discount)

Kind regards

John

Contact us at component-sales@hotmail.co.uk or visit our website www.3gecomponents.com
Old 31st October 2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GE Components View Post
Only some suppliers mind Ours are £55.08 (Shock & wishbone with the VAT, delivery & forum discount)

Kind regards

John
You're right John, one reason i didn't put them on the website as i thought they were a bit dear but they are there if anybody requires them.

Regards...>AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 31st October 2009, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

sorry i seem to have caused a rucus. i was just practicing my adding. at the end of the day its easier than grinding them out so it has to come at a price.

i butchered a bit of 5mm plate the other day to make an inlet manifold. took me hours and still looks rough compared to a lazer/plasma cut one.
Old 31st October 2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshG View Post
i butchered a bit of 5mm plate the other day to make an inlet manifold. took me hours and still looks rough compared to a lazer/plasma cut one.
Yea, I've seen it, Rougher than barbed wire lined underpants.

David
Old 31st October 2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
sorry i seem to have caused a rucus. i was just practicing my adding. at the end of the day its easier than grinding them out so it has to come at a price.

No rucus caused at all Ash..... The thread was getting a bit too nicey nicey anyway. For the cost of getting the sheet steel and doing the cuts yourself its hardly worth it, i originally cut all my plates out for my first car and it took hours and they weren't all that good.

Anyway SSC starts officially trading tomorrow and getting some nice orders in, haven't got a landline yet (getting pee'd about by BT) but will put it on website when we've got it.

Cheers....AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 31st October 2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:

Plasma can look rough when a numpty is operating it (like me) although it is only hand held, not CNC, and using templates makes life a lot easier.

I don't think there is a rucus, both parties offer a service, similarly priced. Up to the customer where to put their folding.

There are brackets on EGay for about £1.50 each, who knows what the quality is like?? (Pretty good actually)

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

I have had kit from 3GE, and it is perfect (was welding it up today actually)
I have had some cracking kit off EGay, and some total sh1te.

I have not yet had the pleasure of getting anything off SSC, but as they both have/are building a roadster, they have an attachment at a personal level, which I am in no doubt will carry through into their business offerings.
Old 31st October 2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonsean69 View Post

I have not yet had the pleasure of getting anything off SSC, but as they both have/are building a roadster, they have an attachment at a personal level, which I am in no doubt will carry through into their business offerings.
Thankyou Sean, & yes you are right, we both feel very strongly about offering quality products, & we,re both proud of our cars both fully built & on the road & mine not so quite finished & i,m sure this will filter thru to the service we provide to the "Roadster world".

May i say this on a personal note........ The work & effort & expense that Andy (Spud69) has put into creating Saturn is amazing, now that we,re spending alot of time at the Saturn premises i can vouch that Andy(Spud69) is a perfectionist, if something is not right it is either done again or worked on until it is.

cheers
andy ( the short one )
Old 1st November 2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud69 View Post
Saturn will also be developing a body set based on the AC Cobra / shelby style kit for use on the Haynes chassis.
Realise its early days but this ^^^^^^^ got me very excited

Any more info at this stage?
Old 1st November 2009, 02:13 PM

I have to say my suspension brackets came from daveo1121 on ebay item130340782132, they were spot on and fitted perfectly, all exactly the right measurement, £1.25 each.
Old 1st November 2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drury318 View Post
I have to say my suspension brackets came from daveo1121 on ebay item130340782132, they were spot on and fitted perfectly, all exactly the right measurement, £1.25 each.
Same here

I also got my threaded tubes for wishbone adjusters from him.