Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th September 2009, 08:14 PM

Default chassis on ebay

As per the title is another possible bargain to be had on ebay for those who don't like the idea of making the chassis.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/haynes-roadste...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old 10th September 2009, 10:32 PM

Default Don't take this the wrong way

Don't take this the wrong way

Not being funny, but when you auction something safety critical, like a chassis, maybe include a few more pictures. As am example, I am selling some (out of test) SCUBA cylinders and have gone for 5 supersize pictures, for the grand total of 90p. It lets people see what they are buying, rather than having to rely on just words and a small picture that doesn't show any detail.

If I were to buy something like a chassis off someone with track record doing it (I'll explain in a minute) I would want to be able to see what I am getting in quite a bit of detail. By no track record, what I mean is when I look at your feedback, it doesn't show that you have actually sold any parts like this, no wishbones, chassis etc. It's possible you have, and they were private listings, but it wouldn't fill me with confidence buying something like that unless there was a bit of background.

Also, as you have an ebay shop, and the name is Talon Motorsport, why not actually give a bit of info about what spec it has been done to, i.e. is it a home built chassis or is it shop built, by an experienced welder. Has it been done out of scrap etc. etc.

I see on your other auctions you have given a bit more info, but surely some supersize pictures would help? You already have 3 pictures, you can add another 3 and it only costs a little extra (90p for 6 supersize photos compared to 24p for 2 extra small ones)

I know that you are getting good words said about you, both here and on the LB forum, but not everyone reads those. Maybe dig up some of the dirt on yourself and post links?? Word of mouth is a great recommendation.

Just my 2p and if I'm out of order I apologise, but it might help you shift them easier.

Sean

Edit - I've just re-read what I wrote and I really don't mean to come across as condescending. I hope you don't take it the wrong way. I have done a bit of Ebay selling and find that a load of good quality pictures and a bit of blurb can work wonders. I am not professing to be the font of all knowledge in any sort of fashion.

Last edited by londonsean69 : 10th September 2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11th September 2009, 07:40 AM

All that you have said is fair comment. Would you like to earn your self a few quid doing my advertising?
Old 11th September 2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonmotorsport View Post
All that you have said is fair comment. Would you like to earn your self a few quid doing my advertising?
I'll give you a hand for nothing, pop down and do a few shots then we can work out some words for your next ad.

Let me know when you are back (holiday?)

Sean