Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Chassis
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th August 2010, 03:08 PM

Default Chassis Kit

Can't believe I'm going to start another build.
After spending hours cuttting my first chassis with an angle grinder and a rage saw I'm not doing that again and want a nice pre cut chassis pack.

I'll end up buying saturns body work etc so what the best source, saturn, handy andy (same thing??) ebay, 3GE???

Oh and if someone can convince me not to start a second build do it now but I could be popping down to b&Q to buy my build bench (what wood did people go with MDF or Ply and what. i made a whole table last time but think it will take a lot less time this time so do I need a full table or just the board on the floor (prefer welding standing upt though).

Does anyone sell the suspsension jig blocks anymore, I'm more than happy to do my own welding just not so great at jig making!
Old 24th August 2010, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Handy's The Man.

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 24th August 2010, 05:47 PM

Smile Flat pack chassis

Personaly I would send HandyAndy a pm if you wish to go the flat pack chassis route

He has many,many satisfied customers & knows the Roadster chassis inside out

I for one would not even contemplate cutting the chassis tubes for a second time.
When I started my build, there was no flatpack option & to be honest, I soon got bored cutting up all of that steel

Build yourself a nice elevated table, tis a real pain in the butt crawling around the floor.

Here's hoping you enjoy your new build

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 24th August 2010, 08:43 PM

Only fair to point out that Talon Motorsports (a member here) does chassis kits as well. A lot will depend on the distance, and as the OP hasn't put his location in the profile we will have to leave it to him to work out whether any of the suppliers are within travelling distance.

Also, check the exact contents of the kit to ensure that what is supplied meets your needs.
Old 24th August 2010, 09:48 PM

Handy Andy everytime for my money !
Old 24th August 2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
Can't believe I'm going to start another build.
After spending hours cuttting my first chassis with an angle grinder and a rage saw I'm not doing that again and want a nice pre cut chassis pack.

I'll end up buying saturns body work etc so what the best source, saturn, handy andy (same thing??) ebay, 3GE???

Does anyone sell the suspsension jig blocks anymore, I'm more than happy to do my own welding just not so great at jig making!
Hi Mike,

You did say way back when that you,ll be back & build again

Thanks to all that have given me the "thumbs up"

I,m here if you decide to purchase a flat pack kit from me, would just need to know if you intend to use the GRP tub or Ali tub & either the type 9 or MT 75 box.

all the best with your forthcoming build....enjoy the B&Q shopping trip

cheers
andy
Old 26th August 2010, 01:05 AM

Thanks all for the information.

I have unfinished roadster business, i did look at a couple of part finished kits but none were what they claimed to be. One was a leugo velocity xt loads of parts etc, if there welding was as bad as this I'd be very supprised, think it was actually a locost with a velocity body kit.

Build bench BUILT and looking good, there goes my first 4 hours!
I'm near northampton btw and have been on this and locostbuilders for a few years now!

Mike
Old 26th August 2010, 08:50 AM

Question chassis kit

A friend is looking to build a roadster on a budget,and has looked at the talon flat pack for 200 pounds whitch has the square tube cut and the rear mounting plates an also suspension brackets and diff mount plates Can andy please tell me wot extra he would get for 50 pounds more .
Old 26th August 2010, 10:11 AM

I have no conection with any party supplying chassis packs but have had first hand dealings with Handy and his attention to detail is worth £50 any day of the week and nothing is meant detrimental to any other party involved.
Old 26th August 2010, 11:36 AM

Hi Mike

Pleased to see that you have decided to complete your unfinished Roadster buisiness

I remember that you were on the forum when I first joined the affray way back in 2007
Pleased to see you back at the building stage & I look forward to following your progess .... One thing for sure, you'll probably still complete your build ahead of me

Grumpy locost

I notice you are located in Essex, looking at your public profile I see that you list your occupation as a " Chassis Builder "

May I as what type of chassis do you build for living & are you affiliated to Tallon Motorsport

Is the fishing any good in Essex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
Thanks all for the information.

I have unfinished roadster business, i did look at a couple of part finished kits but none were what they claimed to be. One was a leugo velocity xt loads of parts etc, if there welding was as bad as this I'd be very supprised, think it was actually a locost with a velocity body kit.

Build bench BUILT and looking good, there goes my first 4 hours!
I'm near northampton btw and have been on this and locostbuilders for a few years now!

Mike

www.roadster-builders.co.uk