Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Running gear
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th June 2014, 01:38 PM

Been chatting to your man Mark via email past few days about buying them in bulk as every one who has MX5 running gear is going to need these bushes at some point.
The rubber bushes on both pairs of my uprights are shot and are very soft as a result, however given the design of the Saturn top wishbone and where the coilover mounts on my TMXR design I'm thinking that a harder bush would help transfer the movement of the suspension to the coilover better. Any body that has the Saturn design on the road and using a higher spring rate got any thoughts about this?

I would seem to be the logical person to arrange a group buy and get them sent out as I'm around during the day to take deliveries and arrange courier collections.
I'm looking at keeping things very simple incase this back fires on me and only supplying them in yellow or black not that they will be seen behind the rear disks.

Direct email talonmotorfabrication@gmail.com
Old 20th June 2014, 01:52 PM

The bigger need, at least in my case is keeping the top of the upright centered in the upper control arm bracket. I found that any warping or misalignment in the lower control arm or brackets lead to the top of the upright binding on the inside upper control arm. So adding a polyurethane bushing/spacer should keep things from twisting.
Old 20th June 2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonMotorFabrication View Post
Been chatting to your man Mark via email past few days about buying them in bulk as every one who has MX5 running gear is going to need these bushes at some point.
The rubber bushes on both pairs of my uprights are shot and are very soft as a result, however given the design of the Saturn top wishbone and where the coilover mounts on my TMXR design I'm thinking that a harder bush would help transfer the movement of the suspension to the coilover better. Any body that has the Saturn design on the road and using a higher spring rate got any thoughts about this?

I would seem to be the logical person to arrange a group buy and get them sent out as I'm around during the day to take deliveries and arrange courier collections.
I'm looking at keeping things very simple incase this back fires on me and only supplying them in yellow or black not that they will be seen behind the rear disks.

not sure who mark is stuart is the man i deal with could be a different poly bush company

if you want to arrange the group buy then be my guest mot trying to steal your thunder or make any money out of it just trying to be helpful by using my contacts list to benefit others
Old 20th June 2014, 06:35 PM

So providing there is enough interest in this group buy I can offer a pair of rear upright bushes in either black or yellow with stainless steel crush tubes with 10mm or 12mm through holes for £12 tracked/insured/delivered.

Copy and paste the list to a reply and add your screen/user name, payment via paypal.... Any body?

1:Talon yellow 12mm
2:Numplumb black 12mm
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

Last edited by TalonMotorFabrication : 20th June 2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 20th June 2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmax1974 View Post
not sure who mark is stuart is the man i deal with could be a different poly bush company

if you want to arrange the group buy then be my guest mot trying to steal your thunder or make any money out of it just trying to be helpful by using my contacts list to benefit others
Don't worry I'm not bothered if I run it or not just thought as I was going to buy in bulk that I would offer them out at near cost first. I'm shopping around at the moment for the best deals on all the MX5 parts that people will/may need during their builds.

Old 21st June 2014, 03:23 PM

1: Talon yellow 12mm
2: Numplumb black 12mm
3: Dualist black 12mm
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

Let me know when you want payment
Old 21st June 2014, 11:23 PM

1: Talon yellow 12mm
2: Numplumb black 12mm
3: Dualist black 12mm
4: Porkchop black I need to double check hole size EDIT 10mm as per standard MX5
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

Last edited by PorkChop : 30th June 2014 at 10:10 PM.
Old 25th June 2014, 07:27 AM

Are we all done then? If so I'll put the order in and put the rest in stock.

Old 15th July 2014, 09:13 AM

I now have the polybushes from Mark and very nice they are too, at 95A shore they are hard but not so hard that you can't get them in to the Mazda uprights. I found it was fairly easy to get the old rubber bushes out and the new ones in by using a piece of tube the same size as the upright and wind it out/in with a length of 10mm studding and two 5mm thick plates. When you get them have a good look at the ends as one is bigger than the other,small end goes in first. I found a good smearing of washing up liquid made every thing slide a little easier and it won't attack the polyurethane either. I'll supply 75mm of tube and some plate to save people having to hunt for it, I'll be sending them out with Myhermes in the next few days.

Old 15th July 2014, 10:31 AM

Brilliant, thanks for doing this