Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th August 2013, 06:11 PM

TBH, I feel I have to stick up for Phil here. There's problems and then there's proper problems. I've had short term 'proper problems' (as I'm sure most have had) in the past and I know how time consuming they can be.

I've ordered stuff from Phil, I said 'don't rush', no conversation took place on how long 'don't rush' was. To be honest Jason, if there's no explicit delivery date, how can you say 'don't rush' means a two week wait maximum, unless you explictly agreed that with Phil?

When I ordered my parts from Talon, I had no agreed delivery date, Phil has been trading for several years and not one person has said he hasn't delivered, so I had faith I would get what I paid for. I think I messaged him once asking for an update, he replied within 24 hours (which is, in my professional opinion, fine) and I had the parts later that week. And they were very well made and for a fair price.

Would I buy from Talon again? Definately.
Old 8th August 2013, 06:28 PM

He hasn't delivered though. Why does it have to come to this to get Phil to communicate ? I am sure that me and vmax aren't the only 2 people having problems with Talon. 5 weeks is a very long time mate, I haven't even asked for anything too special, just wishbone pieces, not made, just pieces. A text message take seconds, it doesn't have to be to much of a detailed message. If Talon is snowed under, why doesn't Phil give people a lead time ? Everybody knows where they stand then. I am the customer, A bit of customer service here and there goes a long way ! It's cost him my future business anyway, you can't run a company like this mate. The invoice came to me like lightning, he had the time to do invoices, but not to send a message updating people. It's a shame really, but I have not caused this situation, I have tried to get what I paid for, same as anybody else would.
Old 8th August 2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason 82 View Post
Phil, everybody has problems, but a text message takes seconds. No rush means 2 week maximum & not 13 weeks in vmax's case. Nobody is picking on you, but we are paying for a service that takes too long, and you get no communication. As a self employed person, surely you have to implement a system. This forum should be your bread and butter, not somewhere to muck people about. You have seen the shit that Nathan from NTS has on here, surely that would have been a warning to you as what not to do. You have some brilliant ideas, but without the buyers trust they are a non starter. I said on Monday through pm and text to cancel the order, making them and dispatching them after I have already cancelled them is no good. Just refund my money please.
13 weeks for what I have not ordered anything dont drag me into this anything I have bought off phil in the past has been top quality and decent lead time I wont hesitate in ordering off him again
Old 8th August 2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason 82 View Post
He hasn't delivered though. Why does it have to come to this to get Phil to communicate ? I am sure that me and vmax aren't the only 2 people having problems with Talon. 5 weeks is a very long time mate, I haven't even asked for anything too special, just wishbone pieces, not made, just pieces. A text message take seconds, it doesn't have to be to much of a detailed message. If Talon is snowed under, why doesn't Phil give people a lead time ? Everybody knows where they stand then. I am the customer, A bit of customer service here and there goes a long way ! It's cost him my future business anyway, you can't run a company like this mate. The invoice came to me like lightning, he had the time to do invoices, but not to send a message updating people. It's a shame really, but I have not caused this situation, I have tried to get what I paid for, same as anybody else would.
If Phil doesn't have a brilliant memory (don't know if this is true or not) or has a lot of orders, it can be difficult to see a text and remember the specifics of the order, which requires checking it up on his database etc. So it might not just be a case of sending a quick fire reply back, although if he could that would be fantastic.

5 weeks isn't a long time for delivery of anything bespoke (I've ordered plenty of bespoke analytical kit and accessories costing anything from £50 to tens of thousands then having to wait 3-6 months for it). 13 weeks is a slightly different story though.

I would also venture to say that the bulk of the time taken for a fabricator to make something like a wishbone is taken up in getting the bits made and ready to be fitted into the jig, with the actual welding part of it taking a fraction of the overall time.

I am trying to excuse Phil totally? Probably not. But what you must realise with dealing with one man bands is that if that one man run into issues, gets sick etc, then there's no cover for him.
Old 8th August 2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmax1974 View Post
13 weeks for what I have not ordered anything dont drag me into this anything I have bought off phil in the past has been top quality and decent lead time I wont hesitate in ordering off him again
Sorry mate, got you and the v8 files mixed up. Please accept my full apologies.
Old 13th August 2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The V8 Files View Post
It is with regret to say that I am having the same difficulties with Talon. Payment sent over for flat pack wishbone parts and mushrooms on the 9th May, 13 weeks today. No delivery or response to messages, phone calls or text.

Ironically I only ever placed the order in response to Talon's 'the end is nigh! Again....' http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12639

Dispute's raised with credit card and paypal.
Well after this thread went out I sent Phil a text (with my user name etc) asking him to call me which he never did, which is a shame because as well as clearing the air I wanted to go through what was ordered.

I originally asked for flat pack wishbone parts and mushrooms, this was your quote Phil:

"Hello,
Are you after every thing other than the front plates to make a full set of wishbones including a basic jig if that helps?

22 bush tubes rough bored
2 damper brackets
2x M20x2.5 + 2x M18x1.5 bosses
2x 20x2.5 studding
25x2mm + 20x2mm ERW pre profiled
I basic box section jig with angled pin with instructions for use (just in case)
57mm Granada mushrooms"

I also sent a message some weeks ago explaining why I particularly wanted flat pack.

Today I received a set of fully welded wishbones and NO mushrooms, Phil, I have a shed load of stuff going on myself and really don't have time to deal with this. You even updated the paypal information on which I had copied and pasted your quote details with the delivery information as I had an email from them yesterday.

Due to the lack of communication I think its for the best if this order was cancelled and you issue a refund and get the parts collected. I would also be happy to ship them directly to someone else if you find a buyer.

I am aware that a lot of people have received good service from Talon, it was this reputation and his posts regarding lack of orders that prompted me to place my order in the first place.

The wishbones do look good!, however I wanted to customise some parts myself hence my request for flat pack.
Old 13th August 2013, 08:01 PM

Sorry Bruce I am genuinely to embarrassed about being a prick over the whole thing. Your Mushrooms will be in the post in the next few days, if the wishbones are no good throw them away I can't afford to get them collected any way. When I have enough money I'll send you a refund.