Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th June 2010, 06:52 PM

Unhappy An open letter

An open letter from Bonzo

This is going to be a long one …. If you want to read on …. Get yourself a brew.

I have now had some time to chill & have done a little personal soul searching over recent events.

The power of sex can never be over stated …. I am now completely chilled as it were.
Well other than being even more knackered than ever.
Things are now straight in my head …. A lot straighter than my back is after all of that sex !!

Just to think, I had always sworn that I would never do it with a wrinkly.

As some of you know, I suffer from a number of health issues, some serious, others not so.
Stress plays havoc with my personal well being, it is one of the main triggers of my current ongoing heart condition.

To compound matters, I have a total inability to manage my stress levels …. I tend to let very minor issues become major ones.
Silly I know but that is all part of what makes me who I am & the reason I still smoke …. Just as soon keel over having a fag than doing it whilst pulling my hair out !!

This brings me neatly to the point of this open letter to one and all.
It has dawned on me stress caused over recent events has a simple, effective solution.

I have decided to take a back seat on this forum, become a non active member & continue my own build in private without feeling the need to become embroiled in forum politics !!

This may sound a bit silly for some of you & yes I know, stresses I place on myself are entirely of my own doing.
Personally I find it very hard to deal with the comments made by one forum member in particular, who at every possible chance, positively revels in taking a sly & personal dig at me. !!??

I know at my age that I should be man enough to rise above it & treat it with the contempt it deserves ….. Aires the Ram, that’s me

Before I bid my farewell to you all, there are a few things I would like to say & In no particular order of importance bar the first one .

HandyAndy

Andy mate, get yourself back on here at once.

I know that like me, you also wear your heart on your sleeve but please, please, please don't let anything said or done on this forum drive you away.

Nor anything said to you in private for that matter.

I know a couple of silly things were said & done but I honestly believe that they were not aimed at you mate.

I would like to think the silly remarks made, were aimed at another person who feeds on this forum like a leech, constantly posting the latest, money making special offer, at times, almost on a daily basis.

Please come back into the fold mate.

Over the last few years, you have become the backbone of this community.
This forum needs you & your valuable help
Your flat pack chassis kits are a credit to you, I doubt that many of the builds in progess, would have been possible without your help & assistance.

It would be remiss of me not to mention the outstanding value Andys chassis kits represents.

I know for a fact that these kits are produced entirely for the benefit of this community & as a service to those who do not have the time, equipment or ability to cut a chassis kit, let alone source the materials at a lower cost.
Andy makes next to nothing on these kits & certainly not enough to even cover the cost of the man hours taken in the carefull cutting of each & every kit.

I would also like to make it crystal clear to one and all. Andy produces these for the benfit of all & expects absoulutely nothing in return.

Knowing Andy personally, I know he seeks no personal glory, all he has ever wanted to do is be an active member of this community & help wherever possible.

Please take some time out mate, chill as I have done & come back real soon.
As Dell boy would say …. You know it makes sense …. Lubberly Jubberly.

I think I speak on behalf of every single member of this forum …. There is not a single member of this community that bears you any ill will mate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris Gibbs

I have said this before but am going to say it again.

Thank you for bringing the Roadster into my life.
The book came at a very low point in my life, it gave me a new focus & a real reason to try to live life to the full, putting my illness to the back of my mind.

I owe most of my new found outlook on life to you mate.

Eagerly awaiting the single seater book being published

----------------------------------------------------

John & 3GE

John, I hope you are soon back to full fitness & soon return to what you do best.
Getting down n dirty, providing a first class sevice to all as you have done from the outset & sure you will continue to do for many years to come.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturn

Thanks for everything Andy,
I hope that Saturn continues to go from strength to strength.
The commitment you have put into your venture does you real credit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enoch

I have your build diary saved in my favourites & will continue to follow your build to the end.
It gives me so much pleasure reading it, brings a huge smile to my day each and every time I read it.
Great stuff mate, keep it up.

----------------------------------------------
Forum admin

Although I remain highly critical of the way that recent events have unfolded & as a result have ended in a train wreck state of affairs.

The penny has now dropped & thought process behind the recent appointments of the new moderators is now fully understood.

Hat’s off to you, it makes sound business sense & as a former buisinessman, I too would take the same position.

I hope all of the forum members will give the new moderators their full support .

Yes, I admit it, perhaps a few of my assumptions were a little off the mark, at least I am big enough to admit to some error of judgement.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Before I depart into the sunset.

I would like to thank everyone who has helped me over the last 3 years, without this help I don’t think my build would of become a reality.

I’ll also log on from time to time to follow everyones build progress as I am genuinely interested in each and every one.
Not be checking PM’s that often anymore, to that end I have enabled email messaging in my profile.
If anyone need’s to contact me, email would be the way to go.

Finaly

You may have surmised buy now that the second bolt group buy is now off & I applogise if anyone feels let down.

If anyone wants to take over the organisation of this, email me & I will pass on my suppliers details.
I can tell you now, you won’t make anything other than a cheap set of fixings for yourself & the satisfaction of helping out a few fellow forum members.

Good luck to one and all, have fun & enjoy your builds.

Sorry this has been such a long read & with a little luck it will help to heal the rift ( Partly my doing ) in this friendly, happy place.

Lets all try and put this unfortunate incident behind us & get back to normal, I would like to think that at some point in the future, I may return & find the same happy place that this forum has always been.

I bid you all farewell for now.

All the best, Ronnie

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 6th June 2010, 07:03 PM

It took big balls to write that Ronnie, read your own letter and dont disappear.
Old 6th June 2010, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Make the return sooner rather than later.

My past experience over the last 10 years on forums is that most return after a break just do it in your own time..

And pop in, even if you don't post.

But most of all take care of yourself and get your car done so you can enjoy it.

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 6th June 2010, 07:20 PM

Ronnie, don't take too long to come back into the fold mate. All the best and look after yourself.

D.
Old 6th June 2010, 07:27 PM

It's a shame that people feel the need to leave the forum after recent events, especially such prominent members

I've tried to stay out of what's been going on but do I take it that all the people listed in Bonzos letter have either left or are thinking of leaving? It will be a sad thing to see all that knowledge and experience leave the forum as well as seeing friendships coming to an end!

I really hope those are leaving return at some point.
Old 6th June 2010, 07:28 PM

This is a real shame

From the day i logged onto this forum you gave me a warm welcome and were always one of the first people to answer my questions throughout my build

Hope you reconsider sooner rather than later as your input will be missed by many builders
Old 6th June 2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStanley1809 View Post
It's a shame that people feel the need to leave the forum after recent events, especially such prominent members

I've tried to stay out of what's been going on but do I take it that all the people listed in Bonzos letter have either left or are thinking of leaving? It will be a sad thing to see all that knowledge and experience leave the forum as well as seeing friendships coming to an end!

I really hope those are leaving return at some point.
Back again so soon

Hell no

People I have named are still here & in fine fettle.

The were just open thank you's in a personal but open way.

Sorry for causing confusion.

Right, I am going, going this time

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 6th June 2010, 08:06 PM

Ronnie

I echo what the others said, don't be gone too long. I'm not on here as much as I used to be, but always enjoy your happy posts. If fact I was in Carbis Bay this week with the family, and thought about calling in - wish I had now, I've just come back off holiday to read this!

Take care, your health is too important to muck about with. Enjoy the rest of your build, and if it's ok, I'll drop you a line when I'm coming down next, always good to talk car!

Cheers

Adrian
Old 6th June 2010, 08:34 PM

Sorry to hear this

I have only been active on here for a matter of weeks, and consider your good self Mr B, as part of the foundations!

Stay well, finish your build and enjoy it

Unless the sex is keeping you out of the workshop that is!

Peace
Old 6th June 2010, 10:16 PM

Hi Ronnie,
I am sorry to hear that you will be taking a sabbactical from the forum, like many others I'm not at the forefront on the forum mainly because I talk a load of bollocks most of the time and not really an expert in anything, However I too have appreciated your comments and advice on alot of subjects.
I understand your views about stress over simple things! you take your time and take it easy, when your our age you don't heal so fast .
Thanks for all your help and look forward to hearing from you whenever.
tony.