Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd July 2010, 10:03 PM

Default Just a word of warning.

I've read the horror stories about GTS tuning, but usually these are just one offs on internet forums...

Anyhoo, i won some suspension polybushes on ebay for £80 described as "Yellow with stainless crush tubes".

After about 2 weeks and a few emails i finally recieved a box with a "gts tuning" sticker on the bottom - so i feared the worst. I opened the package and found black bushes, which wasn't too much of a problem; but then i opened the other bit.

The crush tubes were mild steel tube just cut with a hacksaw.

I emailed them to see what was going on and they said that they could send me yellow ones if i wanted

After a month of waiting and emails i finally recieved the stainless tubes, cut nicely on a machine.

Got what i ordered in the end, just would advise people to stay clear of them as a company, unless you've got no other option.

Dave.

My Build Diary - http://davesroadster.blogspot.com/

*updated 7/6/11*

Best bit so far: Getting it running
Worst bit so far: Cutting steel for wishbones and engine mounts.
Most annoying bit so far: Generator packing up half way through welding.
Old 24th July 2010, 07:51 AM

I know how you feel! When I got my bushes I had 3/4 yellow and the remaining in black!....When I asked why I was told nobody would see them if I hid them in the suspension area....Not really what I wanted to hear.

I also had the bushes cut with hacksaw, they where mild steel, buck luckily they where longer than required so I machined then down and sold of cheap on ebay (Advertised as mild steel but fully precision machined). I was suprised how quickly they sold and the guy was really happy with them. So all is not lost!