Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd June 2010, 10:27 PM

I'm making my wiring up from scratch for the whole animal, engine harness, lighting, charging, radio? and I'm using a third party engine management unit to boot! Also if anybody hasn't noticed I'll be bald from July 29th till August bank holiday !

D.
Old 24th June 2010, 08:13 AM

I am also going to build my loom from scratch, except engine loom
Old 24th June 2010, 09:41 AM

Cool i dont have to cut my knucles any more yay!

So do you guys think a 194mm stretch will make the car look silly? duno if i should stretch the hight by 1 inch as well.
Old 24th June 2010, 01:48 PM

Evil HUGE auto gearbox removed at last. freaking supid gtr sump requiresyou to remove the flywheel before you can get to the bolts to remove the sump...... but the flywheel requires you to remove the sump to remove it! i had to heat up a 14mm spanner and bend it with a S shape to be able to get behind the flywheel. The sump has enough material to mill out socket holes so will do that i think. Could use a steel sump but that has no gearbox bolts so not quite as strong.
Old 25th June 2010, 06:46 PM

Right thats pretty much all im going to remove from the engine. Going to use rb26dett cam covers and pully cover just to make it look nice and will match the rb26dett plenum that i will be modding onto the stock rb25 one. Will have to cut stock plenum up and make a adapter out of it. The Ally sump really weights alot! have decided to use a steel one instead will save some weight. Edit: its 14.5kg! wow

Was checking out the length of the engine stretch and have worked out it will give the roadster pretty much the same wheel base as the Donkervoort D8GT. Have decided to shrink the cockpit by 1inch as well im 6ft so i should be ok

Last edited by Eternal : 25th June 2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 25th June 2010, 09:57 PM

Bleedin hell that's long. I would certainly make it all a bit higher or it will look more like a dragster. Should be a most interesting project though. As far as wiring is concerned, I am using the engine loom and doing the rest from scratch. The roadster loom is so simple it just seems to make sense.
Enoch.
Old 25th June 2010, 10:12 PM

yeah im worried about the hight i might have to add an extra inch i think any idea how high the zetec is from sump to top of cam cover? Humm wounder if its worth adding the hight to the scuttle and bonnet/nosecone or adding hight to the chassis....

Skyline Roadster
Old 27th June 2010, 10:56 AM

humm damn i really dont know about the size of this roadster think its going to look a bit crazy heh i know the normal ones are basicaly a +221 but with fitting the front extention its going to be a +821 so will be long and low i think the +1 on the hight would be good but only on the engine bay/scuttle so that would make it a +822 Idealy would like to +2 the width but thats a hole new can of worms..... Would have to rework all the sierra stuff and would be a complete ass.
But saying that a +842 would actualy look right. Anyone know how i can do this using the sierra stuff? Also the skyline gearbox has the starter on the drivers side and is wider so i think i will need the extra width to fit a pedal box and my feet!
My cash clears on Thu so i got a few days left of planning till i go nuts and order loads of stuff.

Skyline Roadster
Old 27th June 2010, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

You want to avoid andy width change at the front, or you will have to find a new rack to avoid Bump and IVA fail..

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 27th June 2010, 02:34 PM

Right to get what i want im just going to have to bite the bullet and just redesign the front chassis 194mm extra is just too long. But what i can do is keep the stock suspension bracket uprights so that will save a load of hastle. Tomorrow i will start i think and see what i can work out. Out of interest how hard is it to upgrade to the 7.5inch dif instead of the 7inch?

Skyline Roadster