Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th November 2012, 08:06 PM

Default Is there an end insight

Moderators please dont take this as a criticisum as you do a great but thankless job, but is thre any sign of this invasion ending. I am worried that we might end up loosing genuine members and a lot of knowledge

Arfon
Old 25th November 2012, 08:29 PM

Might be tomorrow that some thing is done as that is when Haynes own super IT geek will back at his key board, see thread link below

http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=9621

Direct email phil@talonmotorfabrication.co.uk

talonmotorfabrication@gmail.com

Mobile office hours 07514098334
Old 25th November 2012, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

as we keep saying, we don't have the power, and the Guy that does unfortunately went on holiday just after this kicked off(not his fault).

He gave me the power to clear up ( and believe me you have probably only seen 30% of the spam..)

if we are lucky, Haynes will allow admin time to rectify the situation.

if we are not then who knows..... I have the skill to transfer to a new host with Haynes consent.. But not the budget unless I can wangle it on my systems at the office(political not technical as i run the systems)..

Lets see what happens over the next few days,.

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 25th November 2012, 11:42 PM

TT, your tact in the reply is most appreciated.

I have never seen one comment that has in any way criticised the mods for their tremendous efforts through this issue.

If you read back through all the posts then I was the first to acknowledge and big you guys up for the amount of extra work you have had to do.

I for one and I think I can say for everyone else, everyone realises you are restricted with the permissions you have been granted, and within those permissions you guys have done everything possible you can do.

Lets hope that the situation gets sorted asap.

That said, it is a forum, a collection of opinions, and I think its more than understandable for the genuine users to have a level of frustration at the time its taking to remedy, this has no reflection on you guys, as above, everyone that's commented has acknowledged their appreciation.

Let the users vent a little frustration and discuss their concerns amongst themselves, what's the harm? as long as its kept to opinions and not abusive I don't see a problem with it. You guys have already provided updates to the best of your knowledge so nobody is asking any more of you.

I hope Haynes get this sorted, my build is extremely important to me and when I first found this forum it was fun and friendly with some good banter going round.

Referring to your comments about outsourcing the hosting, hopefully it wont come to that but if it did I would be willing to pay a membership, within reason obviously.
Old 26th November 2012, 08:23 AM

I second the comment about paying to help host with another server but within reason. This forum is great and the wealth of knowledge knows no boundarys

Arfon