Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th September 2011, 04:27 PM

That should make life easier building 4 cars because you have an advantage when it comes to buying the major components like shock absorbers.
We as a club do things like that and it really does help.
Old 9th September 2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto7 View Post
That should make life easier building 4 cars because you have an advantage when it comes to buying the major components like shock absorbers.
We as a club do things like that and it really does help.
Which club are you from Auto, have you got a website.

It may be worth considering the Haynes Roadster club again.

Best Regards.....AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 9th September 2011, 04:48 PM

Swindon kit club and no website as nobody really wanted to waste garage time.
There are 23 of us in the club and have quite a few run outs to shows throughout the year mainly around the midlands though as someone always manages to break down.
We are building a car between us but there is bound to be issues when it comes to who wants to drive it and when, but for now the build is creating quite a stir within the club. We are building to voodoo plans as the vote was in favour of the design being fresh as to what grp parts we have yet to decide.
Old 9th September 2011, 05:44 PM

Thats good Auto - more roadsters the better........

I tried googling for some pics but couldn't find any references, you'll have to put up some pics with the cars together. They're always good to see.

Cheers....AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 9th September 2011, 06:53 PM

Cool We Like pictures

Hi Auto

It would be great if you could get some club pictures posted up

You can never have too many images, they certainly help fellow builders when it comes to deciding how they would like their build to look

Sounds like the MX5 build is well in progress, be nice to see the progress in action.

Don't know what your timescale is but as far as I know, the Voodoo bodywork is all imaginary at this moment of time.

Lots & lots of idle talk & bragging how brilliant it is going to be, just a pitty it does not seem to exhist as a physical product.

Good luck with the build.

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 9th September 2011, 07:11 PM

We were toying with a single seat racing car style but at a recent track day our club attended we were informed that single seat open wheel cars are not welcome, in fact not allowed at track days or for the kit car racing series. such a shame as it wouldn't be much use as a road car as not very safe.

I think you should reserve judgement on something until it has been revealed but you clearly have underlying issues bonzo that concern me and others.
Old 9th September 2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto7 View Post
We were toying with a single seat racing car style but at a recent track day our club attended we were informed that single seat open wheel cars are not welcome, in fact not allowed at track days or for the kit car racing series. such a shame as it wouldn't be much use as a road car as not very safe.

I think you should reserve judgement on something until it has been revealed but you clearly have underlying issues bonzo that concern me and others.

Well that just about sums it up for me

Hello Mark B .... This must be something like user ID 5 or 6

Nope, not got any underlying issues.

Just not got a lot of time for dolly day dreamers, BS merchants or folk that are happy to con a 16 year old lad out of his hard earned build funds.

Quite a simple man me, say it as I see it

Old 9th September 2011, 07:47 PM

Oh deary me not this again......I don't hide behind daft names I log in when I can be bothered as myself MarkB it's saved so when
I click on the haynes link it signs me in so I don't have to remember passwords.

I think I will leave this forum once and for all.
Old 9th September 2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
Oh deary me not this again......I don't hide behind daft names I log in when I can be bothered as myself MarkB it's saved so when
I click on the haynes link it signs me in so I don't have to remember passwords.

I think I will leave this forum once and for all.
No need to leave the fourum Mark

I have reported Auto7's post to Haynes admin as the comments are potentialy dammaging to the Haynes brand & to that of the forthcoming Single Seater book !!??

Have also made a formal request for an ISP address search on suspect user ID's.
A simple ISP search will prove me right or wrong

If I am wrong ( Very much doubt it though ), I had better loosen my belt to eat a huge pile of Humble Pie

That's the kind of guy I am, man enough to admit a cock up

I will of course consult the forum moderators shortly, If I have said anything inappropiate I am sure that the mods will soon let me know.

Old 10th September 2011, 07:52 PM

Default Number 2 in progress

Hi guys,
Well its one week since we considered building a car and we have "NUMBER 2 in the jig"...
The first build was a bit of a learning curve (pays to check what size box to cut for transmission tunnel SIMON....) Didn't take too long to get over it though (just gotta find use for offcuts now). It seems very easy to get carried away with the build and make silly mistakes when you are working on the vehicle in work breaks and evenings.
Lukes donor Mazda MX5 arrived today so hopefully we can start stripping and sorting brackets for engine and gearbox fitting soon.

If any of you guys have done a MX5 build any help would be most greatfull as we are using the "Saturn build guide" and have noticed there are bracings and some measurements missing in the photos and drawings.

Well we will keep you informed of our builds and would like to thank everybody for posting useful information on this forum...

ps....keep up the good work guys.