Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd November 2014, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Default Very Sad Day Car For Sale

This is one of the hardest things i have ever had to do.

After many years saying i would never ever ever ever sell my car the day has come! :-(

so........

FOR SALE......my Thruxton GT200 Bodied Roadster IVA'd 2010.

SPEC

2010 Registered Haynes Roadster on age related G 1989 plate

Engine is a SAAB 2.0 Turbo a gt2560r roller bearing turbo, (good for 330BHP at full boost. I run it around 220bhp on low boost for normal days out)

Full Megasquirt 3.0 Extra setup with SD data logging and Innovate LC-1 Wideband system running fully sequential ignition and injection and electronic boost control

5 Speed GM R28 Gearbox with hydraulic clutch (excellent ratios and feels like silk compared to a ford type 9)

3.62 RTR Rebuilt Ford LSD with brand new driveshafts, cv joints and bearings (all new this year!)

Fully Adjustable independent suspension setup by BOSS Racing, Rose jointed where necessary with quick adjust camber. (camber caster and toe adjustable front and camber and toe on rear) with matched GAZ dampers all round.

Wilwood 4pot breaks all round (front and rear) Braided flexibles and copper main lines.

KOSO Rx1N Digital Speedo System.

2.5inch turbo back rear exit exhaust system with PAG stainless/titanium silencer.

Fully Baffled 60L touring Fuel tank built to my design by Martin Keenan with integrated swirl pot and upper lower chamber.

PWR Barrel Charge Cooler System good for 350BHP.

50MM double thick race radiator with two 12inch fans controlled by ECU (same one as used in the turbo kits for a Toyota GT86/Subaru BRZ )

20 row Race Spec Oil Cooler.

Team dynamics Jet Wheels with Toyo R1R tyres (rear new fronts 4-5mm ish) Also have a spare pair of Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's for it for track days. (spare wheels will be included if it goes for full asking price.)

Triton Wide Fiberglass seats with Sabelt harnesses and roll hoop. (I have a freshly upholstered pair of elise seats for it that cost me nearly 1K which i will also include if the car goes for full asking price.)

For those that don't know me this is a very well Known car! I write for CKC Magazine and its whole build has been covered in the Magazine, including the Saab Engine Upgrade. Thruxton Body conversion pending print (but all documented in anticipation).

The car is Mechanically Spot on its an absolute weapon and a pleasure to drive either at leisure pace or full out Blat Attack Mode. It has done more European and UK tours than i can shake a stick at as well as most of the big car shows. This year it completed two tours one down to the black Forrest in Germany and the other was a 5000 Mile trek from the uk, into france, belguim, netherlands, germany, denmark, sweeden, finishing in NORTH NORWAY and back to the UK again! Both trips completed without any problems or break downs.

Now for the bad bits.

The interior is what i would describe at best as utilitarian, others would say unfinishedI It needs a new dash and carpeting out, plus the under dash wiring tidying up a little. its perfectly functional but just not beautiful.

The body Gel Coat is nice and shiny but i haven't got round to removing the mould flash lines on the rear of the tub yet (i will try and do this before sale if not i will include the tools to do it including the electric polisher). I was intending to fully paint the car metallic blue which is why i never removed the flash lines but that's not going to happen now.

The black band that goes over the bonnet for the tour stickers is not the best paint finish (the paint reacted and i havent had time to redo it) it doesnt look awful but its not perfect and in an ideal world it needs rubbing down again and a fresh coat of paint

The rear boot section is not yet fully boxed in. So things in the boot get wet!

The bonnet could do with quick release locks and lifters fitting but its so reliable its not really bothered me.

One of the mirror bases is slightly damaged but has been repaired with plastic metal.

This car is my PRIDE & JOY it has been loved pampered and garaged its whole life. It has a few cosmetic minor flaws as mentioned above but it also has a monster specification! Due to its Specification, uniqueness and Provenance with CKC I am asking for £7000. For that the car will come with everything listed above and boxes of spares that i have built up and stored over the years. Located in Rochester Kent, Test drives will only be permitted with fully Comp insurance, or full purchase price cash in my pocket on account of how fast it is.

My Pictures
http://s707.photobucket.com/user/ashgardiner/profile/
Old 3rd November 2014, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

My Pictures
http://s707.photobucket.com/user/ashgardiner/profile/
Old 3rd November 2014, 05:54 PM

A credit to you Ash,shame its for sale.

If at first you dont succeed,avoid skydiving...

No parachute require to freefall,only if you want to do it twice.
Old 3rd November 2014, 05:56 PM

Wow Ash....I never thought the day would come either when you would part with your other half ......all I can say mate is good luck with the sale. I have seen much less specced cars on ebay for a lot more than your asking so I would defo consider "baying" it and just add on the comission.
Old 4th November 2014, 04:40 PM

What's the next project Ash?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_bill/