Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th June 2010, 11:26 AM

I'll second that Ginge, I feel for Andy though when his heart has always been in the right place and it looks like he will be the major looser out of all this all due to, and he wont mind me saying this, his drunken bum of a cack stirring brother. Who in a roundabout kind of way has indirectly achieved what he set out to do, that being to alienate Andy from the club and forum.

It's a shame when all that was really at fault was a severe case of poor communication which has upset and pushed out, understandably, certain people. As you state Ginge lets get back to the "happy and constructive place to come and have a chat". Saturn hat off, i've been with the Haynes Roadster culture now for over 2 years and believe it to be fantastic community to be involved with. Lets not go down the Locost route where a lot of egos rule the roost.

I'm not the best at putting my thoughts down but hope i can make some difference and help in getting everything back to 3 months ago.

Regards......AndrewH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 5th June 2010, 11:52 AM

And I'll third it Spud. If it wasn't for the welcome and help I received from HAndy when I first came on the forum, then I probably wouldn't be building a roadster at all. In my opinion (for what it's worth), Andy has never appeared to have any ulterior motive for coming on here, or helping setting up the club.
As for people mocking Andy promoting his flat packs on here, that's just pathetic. It's more of a service than a business!! If it's such a good business, why aren't there a whole bunch of entrepeneurs on here offering them cheaper?? The truth is, he's offering something that's difficult to do well for a price that's as cheap as buying the raw steel. If I was making em I'd want about £1,000 a kit to make it worth my while!
Now, let's just get this forum back on track, if a few people have their noses put out of joint, I'm sure it wasn't intentional and they'll soon mend. Let's just hope Andy has a change of heart and gets back on here ASAP, as we need his advice, expertise and crap jokes
Old 5th June 2010, 11:56 AM

Cheers for that Spud,Captin

I my line of work, and many others, communication is key.

Note to self communicate more, (they wouldn’t believe at work that I have told myself to communicate more! )

Hopfully after some 'decompression' (nice Army term) we might get back to normality.

Cheers Ginge

I was building but I am not now!

Build Pictures

Build Thread
Old 5th June 2010, 02:30 PM

My apologies if my bringing Andy's brother's performance up has made him decide to quit the forum, that was never my intention and I was quite happy for Andy to be the main driving force behind the club. I just felt it had to be said that it was a glaring conflict of interest for the guy and put him in a position that nobody deserves to be placed in.

FWIW I never felt we had a two tier club or forum, just that there was a distinct lack of communication between committee members at least and I agreed with Ronnie, and still do, that the selection of moderators could have been done more considerately and that it would have been nice if it had been publicly announced rather than leaving us to find it out for ourselves.

D.
Old 5th June 2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
Sorry to have to say this but I happen to agree with Ronnie.
If moderators needed to be appointed why wasn't the appointment of said members announced?
Why are mods the only ones allowed to have an Avatar?

Conflict of interest? Well yes there is a huge one and I apologise for bringing this up in public as it were but....... HandyAndy's own brother was the root of much of the recent trouble on the forum, Andy is a very busy man and a self confessed computer (and presumably therefore) internet learner, why appoint him as a moderator when there are so many obviously better qualified members, Mighty Mouth (Keith) and TwinTurbo (Robin) spring readily to mind. Even I am a moderator on more than one forum and I own one too!

If Haynes are interested in this forum then why have we not yet got a decision on whether or not we can use the Haynes name in the name of the club? Who is pursuing this point please? Also what is the current state of discussion?

I too have thought long and hard about this and like Ronnie I don't particularly like the way it has been done. Intentionally or not it smacks of deviousness and underhand, behind the scenes dealings.

I too was a prospective committee member but I stand with Ronnie on this point and withdraw my decision to stand as a general committee member.

My final point is this, if a club is going to happen then ALL arrangements and dealings HAVE to be TOTALLY OPEN AND UPFRONT, even if they are not directly linked to the formation of said club.

D.
Hmmm, nearly 24 hours since I posted this and the only response has been from Keith regarding choice of moderators. Absolutely no response regarding communication with Haynes etc!

Does anyone who actually works for Haynes publishing read and contribute to this forum? If so then could we please have an answer regarding the use of the name "Haynes" in the formation of a club?

If not then could whoever is in discussion with Haynes publishing please let us mere mortals know what is happening?

D.
Old 6th June 2010, 01:38 AM

Evening or morning just!

Just got in from the Sergeants Mess (wasn’t drinking I am on duty what is that all about)

As far as I am aware Andy had asked Chris Gibbs to have a word with Haynes, he mentioned it when we where cowering under your awning at Stoneleigh.

I think that answers two of your three questions I have no idea on what is happening. I was only asked to look into bank accounts and I mentioned all my findings on here.

I feel it is a little irrelevant now however as Andy is no longer having anything to do with the ‘Club’. Unless of course you know of anyone who is willing to take up the mantel of club secretary to take things forward and treasurer for that matter as that post is not now the one for me.

Andy is the one to speak with, but getting hold of him could be interesting.

Right of to bed Sunday lunch at my mother’s tomorrow and I must remember to collect the kids.

Cheers Ginge

Build Pictures

Build Thread
Old 6th June 2010, 07:47 AM

Cheers Ginge. So it looks like the "club" is a dead end then? I don't quite understand why Andy has dropped everything so suddenly though. Yes Bonzo and myself weren't happy with the lack of communication but surely the way to deal with that is to communicate not just walk away?

D.
Old 6th June 2010, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Oh Dear.

Well

I think the crux here is just a communication issue, Personally I don't have a problem with the Mods that have been appointed but some discussion would probably have been the sensible thing to do. Chances are we may have ended up with the same line up.

When selecting the modding team then number of posts is not always important,
I may have a High ranking but I have only been here a few months and not even got much built. Some members have been here for ages and know other members personally.

Anyway, come on what does it really matter in the grand scheme of things, as with many small forums moderating usually takes the for of removing spam, tidying up and fixing little issues for people.

I am still happy to be a committee member, but we still need someone to do the pushing.

Handy has been a gr8 inspiration and help to many and this forum will be so much poorer without his input so even if he's not going to run the club we need to make sure we don't loose him from the forum.

Also remember it's not a race to set up the club, we are not in competition sometimes these things can take months to reach a stage where it's worthwhile launching.

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 6th June 2010, 11:35 AM

Hi All.

I have missed all the posts on this thread being away on holiday in Kenya, I have no wish to add to it nor join in but just after reading TT's post and a few others lets get back to the issue and build cars and help each other .

Last edited by flyerncle : 6th June 2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Took the Please out at the end.
Old 6th June 2010, 12:14 PM

Morning all, I am on the BlackBerry so bare with me!

I really can't speak for Andy as I don't know his reasons you will have to PM him.

Can't type much more my thumb hurts!

OK can't insert smillys whilst on the BB so read the above with a smile on your face.

Cheers Ginge

Build Pictures

Build Thread