Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th November 2010, 12:45 AM

Default Hello guys!

Hi everybody, my name is Emanuele, Im 24 years old, Im writing from Italy and, you know, is quite a crap place for car lovers and particularly for an addicted to kit car like me, I always liked cars and for that I started working many years ago as a mechanic, during a period as a classic car restorer I had the chance to put my hands on a lotus eleven and strip down everything, its been love at first sight, all those tubes running side to side, the simple and light way the car was built, I felt the need to build something similar.
I started looking around and I ended up buying "build your own sports car on a budget", it was exactly what I was looking for, plus in my backyard, along with some others old queens I bought for quids with the idea to restore, I had a sierra cosworth!
But what now is stopping me is the homologation process, SVA test then export the car in Italy seems to be the only way to have a plate, but I have some doubts!
I realy hope to make same friends here and get some help for the building and the homologation!
Cheers guys!
Old 12th November 2010, 09:01 AM

Hi Emanuele,

It's not uncommon for people to have their car IVA'd over here then "export it" to their home country.

You could get a ferry from Santander to Plymouth, there's a test centre at Exeter which is about an hours drive after docking.

If there's any help you need, don't hessitate to ask, they're a friendly bunch on here

Kind regards

John

Contact us at component-sales@hotmail.co.uk or visit our website www.3gecomponents.com
Old 12th November 2010, 09:04 AM

Welcome & good luck with your build.

CSF £857.19

Twins Roadster
Old 12th November 2010, 09:19 AM

Will it only need to be IVA tested or does it need to be registered over here before export?

D.
Old 13th November 2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
Will it only need to be IVA tested or does it need to be registered over here before export?

D.
Im searching here and there for the documents I need, unfortunately the car need to be registered before export and the worst is that the car gonna need an official technical sheet and a declaration of factory built........ seems like Im gonna build a nice garage ornament.....