Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th July 2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alga View Post
Johno ir right! Now when it comes to interior trim I would not be surprised if you mastered the leatherwork on a sewing machine!
It just so happens!!!!! ...nah...had not even thought of interior yet Albert....but hey you never know
Again thanks for all the positive comments guys.....am hoping to take out the wiring loom out of the sierra soon and sort out the stuff I do not want also would like to get the floor on so keep watching there will be an update/piccies soon
Old 17th July 2012, 07:57 PM

I haven't been on the forum for almost a week (travelling in France), and I really want to congratulate you for the chassis, it looks really good... I wish mine could look as good
Good job mate
Old 21st July 2012, 11:52 PM

aaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggghhhh

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH

PHEW....TFFT

Old 22nd July 2012, 12:38 AM

Would it be spaghetti time kev
Old 22nd July 2012, 09:07 AM

Yuk. I hate electrickery. All those supposed wires are really just lots of tubes filled with smoke ready to leak at the first opportunity good luck with that lot Kev

Bob

The cave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...deshow/mancave

The build http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12669
Old 28th July 2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4KEV View Post
fancied doing something different to keep up my interest so I'm embarking on the task of making my own ally fuel tank.
I have always thought the book tank was way to small so at the expense of "boot" space I have decided to make my tank in a shape that utilises the area above the diff as well.....I have also decided on 3mm aluminium which might seem overkill but I believe that in a rear end collision it is far more likely to deform rather than rupture and that in its self should create a kind of crumple zone which adds further peace of mind it will have two internal baffles to keep "slosh" down to a minimum and either a sump or swirl pot in the base to cater for fuel injection, capacity is 57.5 litres might yet add a little more to the top to bring it up to 60 not sure yet
Going to do this in my usual methodical way which to to make a cardboard mock up and when I am satisfied with that I will make a template then a sheet metal folder to initiate the construction proper....so for now here is the mock up in cardboard ...it needs a wee bit of fettling yet
if any one is interested I might be making some more but they wont be cheap due to the amount of work involved and the fact that they are 3mm thick

Did you do much more on the long range tank Kev ?

Bob

The cave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...deshow/mancave

The build http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12669
Old 28th July 2012, 09:05 PM

not yet Bob....want to sort the wiring out....sierra loom now half the weight that it was, but I have just been to look at the 200sx's engine loom/ecu....sh*t it looks like a sierra loom untouched ...gonna spend tomoz taking that engine out and into the shed with it. then I will be able to get to all the loom need g/box end of prop shaft anyway .....not got a lot done lately due to nice gardening weather (my other passion)
I will get around to completing the tank pretty soon I hope as the other thing I need is the fuel sender from the 200sx .
Old 26th September 2012, 10:19 AM

crikey ...long time since I posted on my build, currently at the stage of routing wiring loom also trying to splice in the ca18det engine/ecu loom which is a bit of a nightmare.... so many sensors etc....anyway will soon be time for me to lift off the loom to start floors and fitting mechanicals. It will come together very quickly then, as most of the other stuff I have already made, so expect a hive of activity over the next few weeks....as ever a few photo's

Old 1st October 2012, 12:37 AM

been busy prepping and cutting the floors and now at the stage of drilling and countersinking, then I am hoping tomorrow will see me with sikaflex and rivet gun
decided on 3mm ally sheet fixed at 2.5" spacing with 4mm countersunk sealed rivets
temp fixed and waiting to be marked for rivets

drilling holes

now countersinking the holes to allow a totally flush fit with coiuntersunk rivets
Old 2nd October 2012, 10:18 PM

managed to get the offside floor sealed and riveted on.....I'm pleased I chose csk rivets because a quick check of my side panels inner dimension top to bottom leaves no room to spare.....had I used plain rivets it would have been a "force on" issue or remove a lip....phew.
drilled up the nearside floor, so will be mounting that proper tomoz
here come the piccies