Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Engine/transmission
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd October 2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voucht View Post
Baz, +1
I bought this radiator (Mercedes 190) last week (500 SEK= 55 EUR), thanks to you I must say : I actually wrote down this tip you gave already last year on this forum, to remember it when the time to buy the radiator will come . So first, thank you for that.
Mine also have an internal water-oil heat exchanger (2 x M16x1.50 connexions). Does yours have one too? I don't know if it is originally designed for gear box oil or engine oil?
The size is perfect for the Roadster, and thanks to its thickness, it can cope with 2.0's (it did anyway with the Mercedes)!

Attachment 1532

Attachment 1533

Attachment 1534
looks to me like you have a automatic rad my one is a manual one its the same size and shape with no ATF cooling loop. 1 supplier where listing one part no. for both gearboxes? but i found the manual only ones a bit cheaper

just leave them or blank them off

another handy thing about the 190e rad is it can be flipped over to get the outlets on the side you want and its got handy rails on its side to mount fans to (didn't use side rails to mount rad to chassis they are crimped to the core/fins)
mine has the inlet on the top left and outlet on bottom right (sat in car) i used 2 flat plates off the bottom rail with holes in for the pegs and 2 L brackets of top rail and put a push fan on the front