Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Donor cars
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th August 2013, 09:01 PM

Default donor bargin?

You know how you miss those ebay bargain's by say 75p or so... well I got lucky with a bid of £150 .....I've stolen it! Thought I'd share the latest collection of parts to be added to the pile of reference parts, this one may even end up being the demonstrator.

Old 17th August 2013, 09:26 PM

Bargain mate, the uprights and discs would cost you that.
Old 18th August 2013, 01:03 AM

13 August 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonmotorsport View Post
Sorry Bruce I am genuinely to embarrassed about being a prick over the whole thing. Your Mushrooms will be in the post in the next few days, if the wishbones are no good throw them away I can't afford to get them collected any way. When I have enough money I'll send you a refund.
Really???

17 August 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonmotorsport View Post
You know how you miss those ebay bargain's by say 75p or so... well I got lucky with a bid of £150 .....I've stolen it! Thought I'd share the latest collection of parts to be added to the pile of reference parts, this one may even end up being the demonstrator.

I'd like to ask a question, whats more important, dealing with a customer who's already been waiting 14 weeks or buying parts to sit under a bench for future reference?

You claim to not have enough money to get incorrect parts collected but a few days later are posting this up?

Last edited by The V8 Files : 18th August 2013 at 01:19 AM.
Old 18th August 2013, 09:19 AM

I am new. but from all I have read talon has hit a bad time. instead of walking away he is battling on. "whats more import" refunding 2 customers or buying something that could make you enough to refund all customers and get u back into things.

v8 I have been mugged off before. but I got nothing back. talon has said bin what u have. and buy from else where. copy this post as I am sure he is a man of his word. if not go to small claims.

kicking a man while he is down does not mean you win the fight, contact him privately. agree a time scale and lets get the forum back to being a positive hub of support.

so well done talon!!!!! bagain!!!! hope it takes you mind away and is the first step to getting on your feet.

<newbie climbs back under his stone>
Old 18th August 2013, 12:10 PM

Despite how it probably appears its not my intention to start another negative post or to kick Phil while he's down. On those points in hindsight I maybe should have bit my tongue. In the past I have supported Phil and it was in doing this that my order was placed in the first place.

What added salt in the wound for me on this post was the fact that just a few days ago Phil had said he had no money for a refund or even collection. Had he talked to me then we could have worked something out like me keeping the incorrect parts and just a partial refund for the remainder which probably less than half of what he's just spent would have been ok.

I am on a extremely limited budget myself and while this is not a huge sum of money in real terms it hurts my budget a lot to lose it.

I have tried several times to communicate with Phil, for me the lines of communication have always been open and still are . . .

So on that note I'm going to finish with a plea directly to Phil, can we talk and get something organised between us so that we can conclude this and post a positive result please?

Last edited by The V8 Files : 18th August 2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 18th August 2013, 12:47 PM

I've just spent this months workshop rent taking a chance to develop a rolling chassis that is a bolt together option that possibly no one will buy.

Bruce dispite what you might think your mushrooms where sent Friday 2nd class post you should have them Mon-Tues. Your refund will be issued when I have resolved the problems with paypal.
Old 18th August 2013, 01:51 PM

Thank you Phil, I appreciate the update.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time so please forget about any refund, once I have the mushrooms it wont be necessary. I can work with the bones as they are initially, if/when I need to make modifications it will be later on and the speed I'm going probably much later! and will most likely only affect the lowers so if its an issue maybe we can talk about it then when hopefully things will be better. They may not even need modifying but I had been trying to keep all my options open.

Bruce
Old 20th August 2013, 10:49 AM

Put some squirt and a battery in to my donor yesterday to have a little drive around the yard, pair of mole grips on the steering column (don't have a steering wheel yet) ex race car bucket seat held in with rachet strap (no seats either)

It did not go the way I had intended......

It started which was a good sign .....at first, then listened and thought thats running on only 2-3 at best. Pulled lead No.1 to find the plug in 10mm of water, No.2 was 15mm under the tide, No.3 was the same and No.4 the lead was in bits.
Blew the chambers out with the air line, got soaked reassembled the bits of lead,refitted and now it runs perfectly.

I will now be leaving it alone untill .......