Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Running gear
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st May 2020, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps View Post
Josh (incase you are still on here at all!) just bumping this up as i was just sizing up the route of my rear disc flexi brake lines last weekend. Did you go with this routing in the end? I would have thought it looks a bit tight, but it may be the picture?

I was planning to go onto the rear chassis rail - just pictured in the bottom right of your photo...
Hi John,
I always thought the best place for the rear flexi line brackets is under RS7/RS7a tubes. And as spotted by Stot, the caliper on the pictures is up side down, so RS7/RS7a still seems to be a good place.
Hope that will help
Old 22nd May 2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voucht View Post
Hi John,
I always thought the best place for the rear flexi line brackets is under RS7/RS7a tubes. And as spotted by Stot, the caliper on the pictures is up side down, so RS7/RS7a still seems to be a good place.
Hope that will help
Thanks Sylvain - i've gone with the same calipers position as in Josh's pic (despite the complication it'll add to bleeding them), as it is the only way I can find to allow a workable run for the handbrake cable, but i'll have a look at how it might run up to RS7/7a.

But here's some pics of a route across to RS14 which i'd mocked up (using the front flexis I have) which I thought might be a reasonable solution?

Last edited by jps : 22nd May 2020 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Added pics