Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Chassis
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th January 2020, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

I will have to update this thread soon...

The Galaxy lasted us till last April... It had had a coolant leak since before we got it in 2008, and the low coolant sensor was not working around 206-18. Signs of head gasket lead to a HG replacement in 2017, she soldiered on but in early 2019 we where seeing signs of excessive coolant pressure and eventually water kept finding it's way out of new and interesting places... So I found a £380 1.9 TDi 130 Galaxy that had been eaten by a dog, it was stinking and seats all damaged, we swapped the interior over and had ourselves a cheap and much more economical replacement. I don't like Diesel but this does suit it. 8K covered in 9 months without any major issues so what a bargain

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 8th May 2020, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo View Post
I will have to update this thread soon...

The Galaxy lasted us till last April... It had had a coolant leak since before we got it in 2008, and the low coolant sensor was not working around 206-18. Signs of head gasket lead to a HG replacement in 2017, she soldiered on but in early 2019 we where seeing signs of excessive coolant pressure and eventually water kept finding it's way out of new and interesting places... So I found a £380 1.9 TDi 130 Galaxy that had been eaten by a dog, it was stinking and seats all damaged, we swapped the interior over and had ourselves a cheap and much more economical replacement. I don't like Diesel but this does suit it. 8K covered in 9 months without any major issues so what a bargain

TT
I've still got my old Galaxy plodding on - 2003 1.9 225k - nearly replaced it at the beginning of the year but decided at the last minute to get it through another Mot - new shocks, springs and pads all round and a service about £550 for the parts. Very glad I did now.
Old 8th May 2020, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

Steering rack developed a leak in January, tried some stop leak but its not worked...

Have a rack, pump and TRE's but my garage is not open and it's not a drive way job... Managed a 40 mile trip today to a C19 test centre... At least now it's still MOTd till october

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders