I have properly started now, the story so far, which is discussed in other threads,
- I got myself a part stripped donor with all the parts I needed, I then set about stripping it down, got our local travellers to come and take away the shell and sub frames so that was that.
- I built myself the build table, mainly to store all the donor parts under.
- I set about 'tinkering' while I waited for my flat pack. My half shafts where seized solid in the hubs and no matter what I did I couldn’t get them out. I decided to pop out the shafts, leaving the CV's in the hub and then used a really big hammer, that worked, just, then £40 on 2 new CV's and inner boots, a couple of coats of hammerite smooth and that’s them done. I also gave the uprights a coat of hammerite smooth, after a couple of hours with a wire brush obviously.
- Then ........................................ My flat pack came. Checked the parts after a couple of days and a few parts where missing but contacted Phil and he’s sending the missing parts over in the coming days.
- I had enough of the flat pack to start tacking it together and that is what I did last night.
- still have the bottom of the transmission tunnel to tack in by which time hopefully the rest of the flat pack arrives, the "U's" are some of the missing parts so can’t go much further till they arrive.
- I have sent all (I hope) plates that I need to the laser cutter including pedal box, wing stays, wishbone and shock brackets, roll bar plates, I think that’s it, they are ready and I will collect them next week so I will have plenty to get on with.
That’s the current stage of my build, will try to update regularly but there may be times where I don’t do much for a while. Also will not write so much next time as I know I prefer pictures to text so here they are.