Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Chassis
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th January 2019, 01:04 AM

Default Anyone know how to get ahold of Talon/phil?

I Know Phil closed down shop a while ago now, but I've been trying to get ahold of him as I was still owed a diff cover from him. And i'm now looking at having to find alternative ways to mount the MX5 diff to my frame, which isnt ideal.
I may have to resort to doing it GBS-zero style by chopping the wings off, if that's even possible with the TMXR frame I have.

It's not a total loss if I cant get the part, I did already pay him for it. but I know he made a loss making my frame, so I'm not feeling salty or anything.
But if anyone's still in contact with him it would be greatly appreciated if they can give him a friendly nudge as he wont respond to my emails. Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 02:28 PM

Hi, I’m building a tmxr car based on mx5 running gear and it would be great to get one of Phil’s diff cover. (I’ve tried and failed to ge him to make one)
So I’m going to make my own. I’ll be getting some parts from the fabricators in the next week or so.
If it all works out I’ll let you know
Old 9th January 2019, 12:02 AM

The mx5 diff is the same/shares components with other cars such as the s200, rx series cars and there’s another I’m sure. You may find one of them as a diff that’s compatible in some ways but also has a case that’s easier to accommodate.