Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th December 2012, 12:46 PM

Default My CAR Forsale

Hi Guys,

I have decided to sell my build, its a bit heart breaking, but needs must. Its probably worth more in bits but i dont want to see it stripped.

There is tons of spec and i know il forget something so il probably have to add to the list when i remember bits and bobs.

Its 99% there just needs a few bits and probably no more than a couple of days Work.

Fully powdercoated super straight chassis
All wishbones e- coated
Steel toe/camber adjusters on rear wishbones and toe adjusters on front lower wishbones for perfect alignment
Poly bushes all round, including superflex rear upright bushes
Protech dampers/springs
16inch wheels with good tyres
1.8 mazda bp engine. Head has been port matched to manifolds and polished on exhaust side.Just finished servicing head, seated all valves correctly etc. Starts and runs really nice. Probably on the happy side of 130 bhp.
Mazdaspeed air filter
Running on original fuel injection system with original ECU to keep it reliable as intention was for daily summer driver. Custom chequer plate housing to protect ecu.
I spent about 40 hours polishing the plenum and rocker cover! Like a knob i thought it would be a ten minute job
Kenlow fan and brand new radiator
Nice throaty exhaust system with bike can
Limited slip differential
Wilwood Master cylinders.
Braded stainless steel brake flexi hoses
Brand new discs/pads and wheel bearings all round
Proffesionally finished wiring loom done by john the ghost in hartlepool, even has an alpine stereo, not that youll hear it
Headlights are 7 inch from CBS, all rear lamps and side repeaters are from bolt on bits, all brand spanking and all work as they should.
Full Bolt in rollcage. I made this quite low (im a shorty 5 ft 8) to aid fitting a roof at a later date. I have about 5inch clearance from my head to the cage, but some tallboys find it a bit close, would be simple job to cut the front of the cage away leaving the rear hoop.
Alluminium 2.5mm treadplate floor
I painted the wheels myself, just a rub down and blowover, but they look ok
Rear viem mirrors fitted
Expertly fitted saturn bodykit i spent two weeks getting it perfect, with exellent shut lines. Some custom venting on side panels and bonnet. Hinged nosecone with air filter feed hole (and plug incase of rain!) There is the odd little scratch from me falling over it in the garage etc, but nothing significant. Its probably the best fitted haynes bodykit i have seen, and iv seen alot in the flesh
Rear diffuser
Stone guards on rear wings
Carbon fibre fron wings
Carbon fibre dash board, with original mazda dialpod, which actually looks quite good and rmd oil pressure guage
GRP tunnel covers
Dinoc'd aeroscreen
Triton grp seats with runners
3point harnesses
Aluminium 40 liter fuel tank with aero style filler cap

Probably loads iv forgot to mention, but it gives you an idea.

I have all reciepts, a good photodiary and v5 logbook from donor car as well as DVLA supplied chassis number. I will start organising these today into a comprehensive build diary to go with the car.

The car needs a few days spending on it to prepare for Test, and by that I honestly mean JUST a few days and a i reckon just a couple of hundred quid depending on how frugal one can be
It needs:

Steering rack. (rack clamps-trod ends and extensions are with the car)
Prop shaft. It has one i cut and shut to help move it about gingerly under its own steam but needs a proper one making up.
Front right brake caliper needs a refurb kit. The other calipers are all in good working order, but to be honest i havent got round to sripping the paint off them and repainting. They came with boyracer badly finished paint on them from the donor car.
It will need stuff like front arches edge trimming. All suspension bolts already have iva caps on them.

Wiring in tunnel needs a bit more p clipping as does fuel hoses and brake line to rear, just daft finishing jobs i havent got round to.

The odd daft little thing like nuber plate light, the wiring is all there and labelled .but just needs one fitting Also needs some side repeaters, i was going to put them on the side of cage nice and high but havent got round to that.

All in all its a good well built piece of kit ( one of the best if i dont mind saying so myself!) Iv spared no time in making sure everything iv done is right, im very proud of the car and would love to see someone finish it.

Looking for £2500 cash

If your interested give me a bell on 07752254351. But please no timewasters as im suffering from depression and feeling slightly delicate. Car is in Thirsk, North Yorkshire and would need collecting as i have no way of moving it myself
Old 8th December 2012, 12:55 PM

P.S

If you know of anyone whos not on the forums whos looking for a nearly finished project then i would really appreciate it if you would show them this.

Thanks

Nath

Photos are on an identical post on ronnies forum and lcb as i couldnt get them to upload on this one for some strange but probably totally obvious reason doh
Old 8th December 2012, 12:56 PM

Nathan am so sorry its come to selling the roadster

Best of luck with the sale

Hope things improve for you soon
Old 8th December 2012, 01:00 PM

No worries,

To be honest its been a tough year and i need to move on and forget all about roadsters and associated shite.

I think of it as a way forward for a fresh start, iv been thinking of it for quite a while now so im not making a rash decision, just want it gone
Old 8th December 2012, 01:58 PM

Crikey Nat, 2.5k is a mega steal/deal .....I know where you are at, and there is always light at the end of the tunnel, you just have to get around that last bend and if selling the roadster is the way to do it then so be it... good luck bud.
Old 8th December 2012, 02:09 PM

I truly feel for you, Nathan. You tried to turn your hobby into a lifestyle, and instead it turned into a nightmare, repelling you away. It's truly unfortunate.
Old 8th December 2012, 09:30 PM

I've texted my mate near thirst who is looking for a project

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67112582@N03/

Saturn MX5 Based Chassis, Limited Slip Diff & 2.4 Quick Rack.

Build cost.... seems to be spending more on tools than car bits at the moment! (they will be handy in the future though).
Car iva'd and passed 15/08/2014. Finished weight 572kg.
Old 9th December 2012, 10:05 AM

Thanks david
Old 9th December 2012, 03:15 PM

Deposit taken for car, so Providing the buyer returns to collect with the rest of the balance, the car is now SOLD

Il still be hanging around on the forums though, never know i might buld another when circumstances improve but for the time being im going to keep my head down and keep cracking on with getting my life back together.

Thanks for all the texts and well wishes guys it means alot, i dont know if i would have got through these last few months without the encouragment youve given me.

Its a bit bitter sweet, but im well proud of what iv achieved with the car so far, hopefully the new owner can take it forward.
Old 10th December 2012, 01:33 PM

Hope it works out for you Nathan,good luck.

Wasn't Irish was He,

If at first you dont succeed,avoid skydiving...

No parachute require to freefall,only if you want to do it twice.