Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Bodywork and interior
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th January 2010, 10:28 AM

It is all explained on the LCB forum.
Old 28th January 2010, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/view...e=1#pid1084921

guys supperloom is not darren its eddie99 on lcb. unfortunatly he got Darren to register superlooms for him. the rest of my reply in on lcb

copied from lcb

im sorry ed how was i supposed to know super looms was you? my intention was only to expose darren as he has attempted this kind of thing in the past.

look at it from where i am standing superlooms appears on the haynes forum trying to shift gts bodywork. that for a start is not related to looms. when looking up who the superlooms name is registered to and it says darrens address on it then it looks even worse.

after finding out who you are i think you would have been better placed to sell gts stuff as ed rather than appearing incognito as a new user with no reputation.

i wish you every success. but unfortunately imo having ties with Darren George will only do your business harm.

please dont feel this is a personal attack on you i didn't know it was you when posted and was only trying to be informative.

Last edited by AshG : 28th January 2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 28th January 2010, 11:48 AM

Ed is a registered user over on Locostbuilders as well.

This same discussion has been going on over there this morning.

The long and short of it is this:

Ed is not Darren, I know this personally.

The reason the domain is set up and linked with GTS is Darren helped Ed set up the web hosting side of everything. Darren has experience of this, Ed doesnt.

The deal on bodywork is good. I built a Panther (those from LCB will know) and had no issues with supply or delivery. The bodywork fit and finish is excellent, though I cannot comment on the Haynes bodywork as I havent seen it. I have recently (in the last 3 months) had a new bonnet for my Panther and again fit and finish is spot on and delivery was on time.

Ed has helped a few people resolve long standing issues over non delivery of parts and as such has built up a good relationship with Darren. Most issues have now been resolved thanks to the work Ed has put in. I have helped a few people out as well, but Ed's done most of the work.

Darrens failing are in organisation and work management, not in quality. Having someone else to help organise orders etc for inhouse made parts is a great step forward and should see turn around times drastically improved.

Superlooms is Ed's own creation, and should be treated as such. The bodywork is GTS, but again with the additional support I think things will improve.

David

My build site: gtslocost.locostsites.co.uk
Old 28th January 2010, 12:47 PM

This always seems to happen with threads relating to GTS - it becomes an elongated debate with divided camps.
Simple facts are:
* Some people have good things to say and some people bad things to say about GTS/Darren
* Some people have had good service, some mediocre and some bad from GTS (I fall in to the latter)
* There is a lot of suspicion around relating to anything connected to GTS, especially when the connections aren't immediately obvious OR as has been the case in the past, where a covert approach is used i.e. different username, new eBay trader, second/third parties etc
* Lots of mitigation has been given in the past relating to GTS/Darren and the trading style, organisational shortfalls etc. Don't think we need to read any more.
Perhaps if there had been a little bit of openness when this thread started along the lines of:
Hi, Through my own business, I am working with Darren at GTS and I aim to supply their bodywork but through my own reputable (evidence based) company. Appreciate there may have been difficulties with this supllier in the past, but feel free to PM/email me with your requirements and see if I can assist. I also post on LCB under the username of XXXXXXXX and you can see for yourself what I have or haven't been able to do.

Not saying that this would have completely prevented the thread evolving, but I am sure at the least it would have stopped me writing such a long post!
I had my difficulties with GTS 18 months ago, sorted through a credit card refund and choose not to use them any more, but I am over it and I have moved on.
Old 28th January 2010, 03:48 PM

Default Ed.........Supperloom.

Have to agree with Flack Monkey. He has helped out many people in his own time and at his own expence. Lets all give him a chance and best wishes for his new venture.
Old 28th January 2010, 05:52 PM

Well done Tim

I would have struggled to put my own point of view so clearly.

Fully agree with every word

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimtater View Post
This always seems to happen with threads relating to GTS - it becomes an elongated debate with divided camps.
Simple facts are:
* Some people have good things to say and some people bad things to say about GTS/Darren
* Some people have had good service, some mediocre and some bad from GTS (I fall in to the latter)
* There is a lot of suspicion around relating to anything connected to GTS, especially when the connections aren't immediately obvious OR as has been the case in the past, where a covert approach is used i.e. different username, new eBay trader, second/third parties etc
* Lots of mitigation has been given in the past relating to GTS/Darren and the trading style, organisational shortfalls etc. Don't think we need to read any more.
Perhaps if there had been a little bit of openness when this thread started along the lines of:
Hi, Through my own business, I am working with Darren at GTS and I aim to supply their bodywork but through my own reputable (evidence based) company. Appreciate there may have been difficulties with this supllier in the past, but feel free to PM/email me with your requirements and see if I can assist. I also post on LCB under the username of XXXXXXXX and you can see for yourself what I have or haven't been able to do.

Not saying that this would have completely prevented the thread evolving, but I am sure at the least it would have stopped me writing such a long post!
I had my difficulties with GTS 18 months ago, sorted through a credit card refund and choose not to use them any more, but I am over it and I have moved on.

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 29th January 2010, 05:30 PM
fabbyglass

My 10p worth........The moulds I made for the Haynes were made in Cornwall with the help of a diamond geezer who hates kit cars but loves Mini's.
The plug was made on a Haynes chassis that I made, we used wood, foam whatever we could find then gallons and gallons of filler to create the shape. It was then divided up into Scuttle..bonnet...nosecone to ensure they 3 parts mated up.
Same for the back panel and sides.
The rear wings were made a similar way but the front cycle wings were made about 7 years ago for another firm, i just altered it a bit but both shapes I created using body filler on a tyre.........and hours and hours of sanding and sore fingers.....the whole lot was then painted then moulded

I didn't copy because there is way too much of that crap going on within the kit car Industry, i prefer to make my own shapes and leave the copying to those who can't do it themselves..I can think of a few who have and are still doing it.....