Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th May 2012, 03:20 PM

Post Update sort of.

I seem to have spent more time in hospitals then in my garage so far this year, I'd better say i was not the one in hospital, rather my best mate, then my mum who past away with cancer , then my mother inlaw who had a stroke on saturday morning.

Anyway back to my update.

Was going to cut down my sump on Saturday, but that didn't happen. So thought i would finish the few little bits on ally petrol tank before it goes away for welding on Wednesday, so i push the roadster out side for more space in the garage. Do odd bits to the tank, in the mean time it starts to rain, i put a tarp over the roadster, while i'm working in the garage. I tidy up the garage to put the roadster away, and find that my tarp had hole in it and the inside of the roadster now has 2" of rain in the passenger compartments .
So i now have another job to do, drill drain holes.

Next job on my list is fit the electrical system and fit my twin webers which should be deliver by next weekend.

And i had better make a start on the paperwork side of getting the car legal, this is the bit i dread most.

The roadster was meant to be finished by easter , hay ho. But i have set myself a goal of finishing the car by the end of August.

So watach out folks, more question coming your way very soon .

Terry

Last edited by tkpm : 9th May 2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 9th May 2012, 11:58 AM

Sorry to hear of the tough times / health scares you,ve had to deal with , I know it can be a tough time...am having similar within my family.

Its good to hear that you have set yourself a goal of finishing your Roadster , locking yourself away in the garage can be a real tonic & give you some well deserved "me time"

Some piccies of your build would be nice to see

cheers
andy
Old 10th May 2012, 08:21 PM

Stick at it pal and i'm sure things will look up.

All the best Will