Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th January 2015, 11:06 PM

Default Full roll cage for sale

A full roll cage that was supposed to be fitted my car has come up for sale. Turns out that it's slightly too low for me, although the rear roll bar is a fair bit higher than book specification. The cage has been almost finished, taken off my chassis and roll cage number 2 is being built to replace it.

It is still the property of the fabricator (Steve at SA Fabrication & Motorsport) and not mine. As no one offers (to my knowledge) a full roll cage for the Roadster, this is a good opportunity to get one!

Has been built to fit my book MX-5 chassis with Saturn Sports Cars' rear GRP section mounts.

Cage comprises rear hoop with X-brace and harness bar, backstays, front hoop (external mounting to maximise knee room) with outer roof bars and a diagonal. Everything has been fully TIG welded. Material used is FIA compliant.

You will need to weld front plate mounts near to the level of the pedal box to fit, but Steve can do this and fit the cage if required, if you bring your chassis/car to him. He can also add doorbars etc to your specification. As it stands, it's in bare metal, but can be fully finished if wanted.

For further info, it's probably best to speak to Steve direct - http://www.sa-motorsport.co.uk/contact-us.html

As it stands currently, it's £500, fully finished it's £650. If it's not sold soon, it will be fully finished as Steve sees fit, which may affect the price!

Please note that all enquiries should be directed to Steve using the above link to his website.

Thanks