Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th August 2010, 11:44 AM

Smile Thank's chaps

Thank's for the kind words chaps.

Enoch

I don't think I would have touched the Jeep if it were a petrol model .... Having run a V8 Rover 3500S many moons ago, the petrol bill hurt & that was in the 70's

Quite liked the styling of the Jeep Cherokee since it was introduced, don't know why it wasn't on my to look at list ( I blame old age )
My eldest spotted it very locally & I managed to haggle a good price.

Not the fastest thing on 4 wheels but the 2.5 litre TD engine pulls like a train, resonably ecconomic too.
It will do very nicely when it comes to towing my Roadster on the 200 mile trip up to IVA.

Ginge

That's a real bummer on the RR front.
I hope it is nothing too serious & you'll be able to fix it PDQ

Got to be gut wrenching having to spend your R&R time on the Rangy instead of your Roadster

Les

You are welcome any time mate, anything down this neck of the woods that I can snip a few wires on ( Only kidding )
As soon as I am fit enough, i'll have to swing up in your direction for a good ole nosey at the progress on your build

David

I'll have you know our pooch is a super stealth guard dog .... In H&S terms ... A substantial, trip hazzard

I hope you are keeping well mate & this summer has been kind to you ( Other than a tad hot )

Well that's enough of my ramblings .... Time to catch up on some more gossip.

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 4th August 2010, 11:59 AM

nice to see you back Ronnie.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_bill/
Old 4th August 2010, 01:23 PM

Hello Ronnie and Welcome back - looks like we're all getting back to normal.....

The Jeep and mig are being well guarded there, we used to have 3 little yorkies with my ex-misses and they definitely have little dog syndrome.

Good to see you.....AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 6th August 2010, 10:18 AM

Hi Ronnie, good to see you back on here. Sorry to hear of your continuing health issues though. MIG looks like a good tool. I'm presently trying to justify an AC TIG welder and find one at a decent price, just spotted a BOC unit on the bay at a good price and its local enough for me to collect, I'll have to watch it for a while. We're presently on a caravan site in Bury, Lancs and its a reet miserable day so nothing better to do than interweb things.

D.
Old 6th August 2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud69 View Post

We used to have 3 little yorkies with my ex-misses and they definitely have little dog syndrome.

Good to see you.....AndyH
Definately know what you mean Andy, We often meet one of our local farmers wife, she has 6 springers & a lab with her.

Our little idiot just dives into the middle of the pack for a bit of rough n tumble.
Not at all worried about a bit of the rough stuff

The wife had the mobile pooch parlour in the other day, Hydro bath, coat all nicely clipped .... He had the full works done & looked smashing.

That very same evening, he was out for his walk & decided to chase a rabbit right into a peat bog .... Came home covered in Black, smelly slime fom head to tail.
Wouldn't have been bad if it wasn't for the fact that the rabbit hadn't even run in that direction !! A bit like me, I am sure there is a screw loose in there somewhere

Davy

Thanks mate
Been my personal experience over the years, you'll not go far wrong with any welding equipment with a BOC/Murex badge

www.roadster-builders.co.uk