Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th June 2010, 07:39 PM

Unhappy

I respect your decision Ronnie but would have to respectfully disagree with your assessment of the situation.

I think the forum was in need of a few active moderators and can think of no better than those chosen. Forum moderators need to be active members of the community with the community's interests at heart and I would hope that anyone who was an active member of the forum would also be a club member. Being committee members is not entirely coincidental, the fact is that because they are so active they were chosen as committee members which is the same reason I suspect they were chosen as moderators.

The alternative is having moderators who aren't active on the forums and may not even be building or interested in Haynes Roadsters.

I can see no conflict of interest as the interests are the same and I am sure Haynes will still oversee the forums. At the end of the day, moderators are only there to keep the peace and keep the forum clean and tidy.

Last edited by MightyMouth : 4th June 2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 4th June 2010, 08:24 PM

Sorry to have to say this but I happen to agree with Ronnie.
If moderators needed to be appointed why wasn't the appointment of said members announced?
Why are mods the only ones allowed to have an Avatar?

Conflict of interest? Well yes there is a huge one and I apologise for bringing this up in public as it were but....... HandyAndy's own brother was the root of much of the recent trouble on the forum, Andy is a very busy man and a self confessed computer (and presumably therefore) internet learner, why appoint him as a moderator when there are so many obviously better qualified members, Mighty Mouth (Keith) and TwinTurbo (Robin) spring readily to mind. Even I am a moderator on more than one forum and I own one too!

If Haynes are interested in this forum then why have we not yet got a decision on whether or not we can use the Haynes name in the name of the club? Who is pursuing this point please? Also what is the current state of discussion?

I too have thought long and hard about this and like Ronnie I don't particularly like the way it has been done. Intentionally or not it smacks of deviousness and underhand, behind the scenes dealings.

I too was a prospective committee member but I stand with Ronnie on this point and withdraw my decision to stand as a general committee member.

My final point is this, if a club is going to happen then ALL arrangements and dealings HAVE to be TOTALLY OPEN AND UPFRONT, even if they are not directly linked to the formation of said club.

D.
Old 4th June 2010, 08:51 PM

Hi Davey sorry to read that you have also been kept in the dark about recent events

So not only do we have a forum with a select inner circle, it would appear that some the clubs committee members are also running an inner circle !!??

Since the whole club issue was dicussed at Stoneleigh, I have recieved one solitary message from a member of the committee ( This was purely a request for information )
I have been kept totaly in the dark as to what, or even if any progress has been made at all.
Don't even have a clue if haynes have even been asked for the relevant permission to use their brand name

Perhap's it is now time for the remainder of the proposed committee to make a statement of progress to date.

May add, I am pleased that that at least on person can see where I am coming from .... Well put Davy

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 4th June 2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouth View Post

I think the forum was in need of a few active moderators and can think of no better than those chosen. Forum moderators need to be active members of the community with the community's interests at heart
I have only just noticed this post !!

Thanks for your vote of confidence Keith

What the hell am I if you do not think I do not constitute an actve forum member suitable for inclusion of forum admin dutys !!??

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 4th June 2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
Why are mods the only ones allowed to have an Avatar?
I would just point out that Avatars are to be made available to all members.
Old 4th June 2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
I have only just noticed this post !!

Thanks for your vote of confidence Keith

What the hell am I if you do not think I do not constitute an actve forum member suitable for inclusion of forum admin dutys !!??
Ronnie,

Sorry I did not mean to imply that you would be any less suitable and I would have supported the decision just as wholeheartedly if you had been chosen but you seemed to make clear you thought it was a bad idea to have committee members as moderators so the thought that you might have accepted if asked never crossed my mind. If I had made the choice I would have chosen Handy, You and TwinTurbo due the to amount of contribution made by you all.
Old 5th June 2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouth View Post
Ronnie,

Sorry I did not mean to imply that you would be any less suitable and I would have supported the decision just as wholeheartedly if you had been chosen but you seemed to make clear you thought it was a bad idea to have committee members as moderators so the thought that you might have accepted if asked never crossed my mind. If I had made the choice I would have chosen Handy, You and TwinTurbo due the to amount of contribution made by you all.
That would have been my choice as well MightyMouth

Terry
Old 5th June 2010, 12:05 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by alga View Post
I think the moderator's duties require a certain degree of computer skills. I'm a software developer by trade and I am often frustrated by the moderator/admin interface of a forum I run. So it would be best for the forum if the moderators were 2-3 active, computer savvy members who refresh the forum all day, so that they can deal with the spam before others see it
Well said that man
Old 5th June 2010, 12:22 AM

Wink il have a box of liars

re your signature frank can i have a box of protectors in kawasaki green with the logo in gold glitter please
can i have them in liar size
also can you send me a copy of your brochure !!!!!!!!

refusing to take it seriously

andy
Old 5th June 2010, 09:49 AM

Well HandyAndy has thrown the towel in with regards to running the club.

Let’s remain positive in that someone might step forward to take on that mantel (not me that’s for sure).

I think it unlikely that he will be coming on here again to explain, or for any other reason, so I thought I would keep you all up to speed with what I know. That’s all I know.

The conflict of interest issue has buy a twist of bad fate resolved it’s self. I only have one interest and that is to humbly try and maintain, with all your help, a happy and constructive place to come and chat

Heads up everywhere, let’s all go and have a great Saturday of garage engineering.

Let’s please remain positive and civil.

Cheers Ginge

I was building but I am not now!

Build Pictures

Build Thread