Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd June 2010, 11:51 PM

Here is a start,

There are loads of good ideas doted throughout the thread.

Unfortunately it is a case of sitting back with a coffee and a custard cream and reading through.

If people would stop ordering chassis kits of HandyAndy he could get on with writing a covenant, coming up with a set of rules etc, etc. (only kidding)

Cheers Ginge

I was building but I am not now!

Build Pictures

Build Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingea1pom View Post
Here is a start,

There are loads of good ideas doted throughout the thread.

Unfortunately it is a case of sitting back with a coffee and a custard cream and reading through.

If people would stop ordering chassis kits of HandyAndy he could get on with writing a covenant, coming up with a set of rules etc, etc. (only kidding)

Cheers Ginge
I think its more a case of a coffee & a family size pack of biscuits

There will be more confirmed details of the club posted in the next couple of weeks, so watch this space

Ginge... the mountain of steel is slowly allowing me to see the workshop floor

cheers
andy
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:09 AM

Should it be a Roadster Builders Club! then at the meets you can turn up in any car instead of turning up like gingea1poms avatar

CSF £857.19

Twins Roadster
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin View Post
Should it be a Roadster Builders Club! then at the meets you can turn up in any car instead of turning up like gingea1poms avatar
Aha, the choice of the club name did create a lengthy discussion at the meeting held at Stoneleigh, The name that was agreed upon is still awaiting confirmation from Haynes themselves , will keep you all updated when I receive confirmation.

Tho, I must say I rather like Ginge,s avatar, not so sure about his running gear tho

cheers
andy
Old 4th June 2010, 10:24 AM

Unhappy Sad resignation

It is with deep regret that I wish to stand down as a committee member of the proposed Haynes Sports Car Builders club.

After recent events, namely the appointment of Three committee members to act as Haynes forum moderators.

After re assurances that the Haynes Roadster forum would remain fully independent of any proposed club, it would now seem that the forum is to be controlled by 4 members of the clubs committee.

Personally , I feel that this is a conflict of interest & will ultimately harm the independence of the Haynes forum.
I for one find this unacceptable & wish to be no part of it.

I am still happy to be a club supporter but no longer wish to serve on the proposed committee & wish for my name to be removed from the clubs Committee members as of today.

Perhaps at this stage I may point out that at no time during the decision making process with regards to the appointment of committee members to act as forum admin was I included in the back room dealings.
Never even received an email, phone call or even a PM informing me of things that were so obviously hatched at Stoneleigh .

Perhaps the remaining committee members should take note, it will not bode well for the club if major decisions are taken behind closed doors & without consultation of the membership.

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 4th June 2010, 11:40 AM

Ronnie,

I am deeply sorry to hear your decision.

I think the fact that three committee members are moderators is coincidental I was not party to the decision making process.

There is no conflict of interests, the club will simply be, as WE discussed, a place for like minded individuals to ‘belong’. As a moderator I intend to do just that moderate nothing more nothing less, not to get exited about things and continue to build my car and ask questions on here, maybe make the odd thread sticky or move a tread to a more relevant section.

Who was Chris to consult with when appointing moderators everyone on the forum? He didn’t consult ‘the committee’ as it has nothing to do with anyone being a committee member, if it was and you where not consulted, that would be underhand, it wasn’t, you weren’t, it’s not. (you have to read that three times I confused my self but I think it makes sense!).

This has nothing to do with committee members or the club.

From now on I will ask Andy to inform all committee members of any major or minor decisions that are taken. As yet none have been made. I have rung a few banks to test the water, no decisions made. Andy is waiting for some sort of reply from Haynes, I think, about the use of a name. that’s it.

Ronnie, please take a moment to reconsider your decision.

Cheers Ginge

I was building but I am not now!

Build Pictures

Build Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 12:18 PM

Ronnie,

My heart is saddened to read your last post,

The decision for the forum to have new moderators has only just happened in the last 6 days or so ( when Chris had Pm,d me , Ash & Ginge ),
and in no way has it any relation to the fact that the 3 new moderators are voted in club committee members, as Ginge has said, it is purely coincidental,

Like you Ronnie , we,re all passionate about this forum, & the creation of the club, but we were asked by Chris to be moderators only late last week & assure you this never even came into any conversation whilst we were all at the Stoneleigh show 4 weeks ago.

As far as I personally am concerned there has not been any "Back Room Dealings" whatsoever & I would never entertain or condone such happenings in any way at all, I am saddened that this thought had crossed your mind, said sincerely .

The need for more moderators was felt last year in the "Forum Melt Down" & with a recent situation AFTER the stoneleigh show it was deemed by Haynes admin that it is time more moderators be appointed, but the fact that we ( Ash, Ginge & myself ) are also club committee members has no connection in any way to us being asked by Chris.

I sincerely hope you will reconsider your decision, the help & information & pure enthusiasm for all things Roadster that you have Ronnie is an inspiration to us all.

I will always inform all committee members of any decisions/info with regard the "Club", now that the period of grace for objections has run its course , we can start making decisions as a fully voted in accepted committee, which we couldn,t do until the 30 day period of acceptance had passed.

cheers
andy

Last edited by HandyAndy : 4th June 2010 at 12:19 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 4th June 2010, 12:52 PM

Ronnie

I was saddened to read your post. I have the utmost respect for you. You are a true gentlemen (my girlfriend even says that ) and a stalwart of the forum. You have always been willing to help anyone without questions no matter how big or small the query. I know that without the kind help, advice and parts you have helped me out with my build would not be as far progressed as it is now. I'm sure that will apply to many others. I believe that you can make a valuable contribution to the club and help it move forward. I hope that you will reconsider your decision and you have my full backing as a committee member if you wish to reconsider.

All the best
Dave
Old 4th June 2010, 02:30 PM

Smile Thank's chaps

Firstly, thank you for the kind words of support chaps, it does mean a great deal to me.

I did give this matter some serious thought before I publicly announced my resignation from the proposed club’s committee.

However my position or viewpoint remain unchanged.

I would like to think that my own view on the subject is similar to the ones held by other likeminded forum members who wish to see this forum remain completely separate & independent of the proposed club.

Although it has been said, it is only coincidence that the forums moderators are also on the club’s committee.
Outsiders & prospective club members may not share this view.

Ultimately this would have been the reason as to why I would have declined an invitation to become a forum moderator.

First & foremost, I must remain loyal to my own beliefs & act in a manner that is acceptable to the rank & file forum membership.

All I ask is, please respect my views for what they are.

It is not my intention to harm the club in any way, as said, i will give it my full support as a member but sadly cannot serve as a committee member.

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 4th June 2010, 06:06 PM

Pity that, Ronnie. I totally understand where you are coming from and respect your decision but I think it's a pity. Something tells me you would have been a most useful addition to "the team".

All the best and all that.