Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th June 2012, 01:36 PM

I have to say it's not been too bad up until recently when all of the parts started arriving....but soon they should all be in place and give me a lot more room. I'm looking forward to moving out so I can get my own garage without all of my parents stuff in the way....

My Build Blog: http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2736 - Last Update: 31st October 2020

Total Spent so far: Stopped counting
Old 26th June 2012, 09:03 PM

I've now managed to get all brake lines mounted except for the one down the tunnel, I need to drill holes in some ali strip and then rivet that into the tunnel. The rest of the brake lines are held in with Cleco fasteners until I get round to buying a new riveter tomorrow, here are some more pictures:

My Build Blog: http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2736 - Last Update: 31st October 2020

Old 26th June 2012, 09:04 PM

Old 26th June 2012, 09:59 PM

Very neat Simon, really!
And thank you for the pictures, it is very nice for me to see the first complete brake line set from us fitted on a Haynes Roadster And I'm glad that everything looks to be fitting well now!
Could you, when you have time, show a picture of the bulkhead fitting through the additional bracket you welded under CP14 please? I'm dying to see it! Thanks.
Hope to fit my own brake line set before the end of this summer (which has not started yet in Sweden )
And the rest of the car looks terrific too
I'm amazed how quick you go with your build, congratulations.

Last edited by voucht : 26th June 2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old 26th June 2012, 10:59 PM

Do you have a certificate to say the hose is suitable for brake fluid? I got asked this on my IVA. They wouldn't accept a reciept either, Chadderton wanted an actual certificate of conformity! They just accept that copper is suitable, but asked about my flexi hose to the calipers.
Old 27th June 2012, 12:32 AM

Sylvain, I will make sure to take a picture tomorrow off it, I was holding off until I had the aluminium strip in place to make it look a bit neater. Feel free to use my pictures on your site if you like, I can send full res pictures via email if you'd like to use them and some more up to date ones when I have them riveted in place instead of held with clecos.

Deezee what did you say about your flexi lines? Did you get away without a certificate?

Old 27th June 2012, 10:09 AM

Sylvain, as promised here are the pictures of the bulkhead bracket.

Old 27th June 2012, 03:05 PM

Ahh very nice. It think it is a great and neat solution rather than tuning around CP14. Thanks for the pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezee View Post
Do you have a certificate to say the hose is suitable for brake fluid? I got asked this on my IVA. They wouldn't accept a reciept either, Chadderton wanted an actual certificate of conformity! They just accept that copper is suitable, but asked about my flexi hose to the calipers.
May be they expect the flexi hose to be in copper

Sorry... more seriously, regarding the certificates, no worries, the hoses are road approved and I will supply you with all the necessary paperwork, including the certificate saying the hose is brake fluid resistant. I sent you an email regarding this.
Old 27th June 2012, 05:29 PM

Sylvain....it might be a good idea to put up a pdf or jpg letter of the conformity of the pipework for those of us who have decided on that long pipe down the trans tunnel.
Old 27th June 2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4KEV View Post
Sylvain....it might be a good idea to put up a pdf or jpg letter of the conformity of the pipework for those of us who have decided on that long pipe down the trans tunnel.
Definitely Kev', or by email when I know the order is being shipped, so they don't have to think about the paperwork at the workshop.
Thanks.