Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Donor cars
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd February 2015, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonL View Post
No. I bought a fully welded chassis from PhMaurl]http://www.talonmotorfabrication.co.uk[/url]) - he did a Christmas special, so couldn't resist.

I'm using an MX5 donor and he's tweaked the standard chassis for it. I figure with the weight saving it should be plenty for me. If not, there are a lot of turbo kits to boost the power to levels that are high enough for me to kill myself.

He does a standard chassis too and will probably tweak it if you ask nicely. You should speak to him about it before you decide.
Good point. Gather data first. I'm not even sure that the m52 lump fits without chassis mods. Some build diaries mention this so I'll get busy with the steel rule first.

MX5 would have been a better choice on reflection for a first build as it's the road most travelled at the moment
I bought the donor thinking I'd buy a GKD kit. Some of the MX5 mods look pretty impressive. I am, however, dreaming of the day I fire a big BMW lump.

Let's hope we both find the motivation and money to finish the job!
Old 5th February 2015, 01:09 PM

Anybody have any of these going spare? just need a couple as I have some very rusty ones. http://www.mx5parts.co.uk/brake-clut...ls-p-3434.html