Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is you enjoyment of this forum being spoilt
Yes 26 72.22%
No 10 27.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 16th October 2011, 08:31 PM

Unhappy Are the antics of some traders ruining this forum ?

Are some of the traders spoiling your enjoyment of this forum ?

High time that all involved simply let their products do the talking

I would like to think that the general forum membership will take the chance to take part in this anonymous poll.

Perhaps it will send a strong message to all involved so as this forum can at least have some chance of returning to normal.

EDIT

After receiving personal threats, much of the content of this post have been removed for my own personal safety

www.roadster-builders.co.uk

Last edited by Bonzo : 17th October 2011 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Recieved personal threats !!??
Old 16th October 2011, 09:11 PM

Well chosen words Ronnie.

Back to reality please people.

If at first you dont succeed,avoid skydiving...

No parachute require to freefall,only if you want to do it twice.
Old 16th October 2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerncle View Post
Well chosen words Ronnie.

Back to reality please people.
+1 let's use this forum for what it was intended
Old 16th October 2011, 09:25 PM

Well Ronnie aside from the rant I find that very informative, as a newish member I have always wondered who was who and who was responsible for what. You have cracked haynesvinci code for me.

bob

The cave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...deshow/mancave

The build http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12669
Old 16th October 2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
I haver to ask the question if this will help the situation in any way or if it will hinder.

In the past I have used the services of Triton as under Mark for bodywork parts, 3GE for chassis plates and wishbones sets. Andy at Saturn for body parts, and lastly Phil at Talon for a complete chassis and wishbone set.

I really do not care who supplies what, as I feel that as a customer I will go off what services I can get in what time, for what price. If I find anyone lets me down, to this point they have not then I will make up my own mind and vote with my wallet in another direction.

Phil took a lot of stick when he first came on board, as I believe so did Andy when people thought he was encroaching on John at 3GE. Mr Henderson gave up and left the forum and there was others trying to offer services that gave up.

As a potential customer I do find all this bickering tiresome and wish it would go away, so from my view get along with each other, post no more digs and forget the pole

There are other builders or suppliers out there for the 'Haynes Roadster look' that are getting on with things and advertising elsewhere. There is a potential market for all, do not make them go to other makes of car because if they come on here there is a chance they will.

Adrian.

Sometimes wishing there was a delete all posts, and all information so I could disassociate myself with the lot.
+1 with AdrianH on this

Terry
Old 16th October 2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo View Post
You have cracked haynesvinci code for me.

bob
I may just be tired and excuse me but I just fell about laughing at that lol lol lol
Old 16th October 2011, 10:51 PM

Hi Ronnie.
Sort of understand your beef but....
as you also supply parts to forum members.!!!!
are you not not just causing trouble...
perhaps people are smart enough to work things out for themselves.
cheers les g
Old 16th October 2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
could it be said that they are cold, calculating chancers doing nothing more than trying to discredit a reputable rival company now they are both involved in a new joint venture.
Hi Ronnie,

I've never really been one to get involved with forum politics but this time I feel I need to have my say, I've had a good look back though all my posts and as far as I can see the only thing I've said that is even remotetly negative is that I posted that the geometry isn't ideal and there is room to make improvements.

On the whole I like to keep my replies to the helpful type, like suppling people with the information (or drawings) they require, or sometimes a bit of a joke.

For those of you who want to check, you can read them all here

http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/searc...earchid=113630

The above quote, which i read as a distinct poke at me personnally, is completely unfounded. Yes, I am heavily involved with Vodou, and yes I am developing new products, however somethings, as you must appreciate, take time to test thoroughly, only when I'm happy do I release them. I have a reputation for being fussy and work on the "would I be happy fitting them to my car?" school of thought. I just don't do "that'll do!" Sorry if that delays products coming to market or doesn't fit in with your "I want to see it now!" wishes, but that's just the way I am.

I still whole heartedly support the Haynes Roadster (and have done since it started), if I didn't, do you think I would have spent the last 6 months working on new products to make the build process easier or improve the function of certain aspects of the car? Time is the most precious thing in life and I don't waste it on things that I don't believe in!

And despite the opening line "It is not my intention to slight any particular trader on this forum" It certainly reads like you have only one company in mind when you typed this.

Kindest Regards

John aka TK
Old 16th October 2011, 11:51 PM

There is a very good reason that I don't give sneak previews of my work anymore; those of you interested might like to check out the development work I originally put into the MX5 conversion here:

http://www.mx5-locost.co.uk

I wonder if you might recognise that design, oh and please note the dates.
Old 17th October 2011, 12:50 AM

According to the how many being built poll there are over 200 cars on the go or very soon to be started. Thats the poll only without those that dont bother with the forum .That is a shed load of customers for the suppliers and a fair bite of the apple for those that can get their act together. Even a lean build at 2k to 3 k puts this industry at 600k over a couple of years without whats going on in the locost world. Pull together chaps.

Bob

The cave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...deshow/mancave

The build http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12669

Last edited by robo : 17th October 2011 at 12:54 AM.
Closed Thread