Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Chassis
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th August 2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by les g View Post
hi guys
yes that is exactly what fabby recommends
and then brace it with a a bit of box in the area just below the the blue disc in geemans picture
cheers geeman that has really cleared up what i was trying to put across in my previous post
cheers les g..
after i read what you told me to do earlier it became much clearer when i actually did it. hmmm... i have no idea what that blue ring is... it might be a water bottle lid.
Old 9th August 2009, 11:26 PM

Geeman....

can i ask.....why is there a gap between your pedal box plate & CP16 ?

as from the photo it looks like there is a gap ??

cheers
andy
Old 9th August 2009, 11:44 PM

youre right there is a gap in the photo, but it isnt fitted in place. i must have just left the pedal box plate in place there as i was checking if it fitted earlier today. it does go flush with cp16.

Thanks

on a completely different not, i applied for my provisional liscence today as i will be 17 in september and can drive in not too long !!
Old 9th August 2009, 11:54 PM

sorry, wasn,t trying to be a pain

i just didn,t want you to tack/weld it in place like that, as obviously you know it fits from slotting it into place from the engine bay side

it looks like the pedal box is from 3GE, that,ll fit no prob,

nice one going for your license, you,ll be 17 in september makes me feel REALLY old i,m 29yrs ahead of you

once your Roadster is finished you,ll be able to drive it on private land or on the road when insurance is sorted, sounds like a good excuse for a track day eh???

all the best
andy
Old 10th August 2009, 09:58 AM
fabbyglass

That's it, makes your life easier when fitting the scuttle as no need to take a big chunk out of the base to allow it to fit. Also helps with the sides whether using grp or ali...I used to use two bits of 1" diameter tube welded onto the inside rail then made a hoop in 3/4 diameter tube, plop that into the 1" diameter tubes and angle it to suit then weld it up....neat and very simples
Old 10th August 2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabbyglass View Post
That's it, makes your life easier when fitting the scuttle as no need to take a big chunk out of the base to allow it to fit. Also helps with the sides whether using grp or ali...I used to use two bits of 1" diameter tube welded onto the inside rail then made a hoop in 3/4 diameter tube, plop that into the 1" diameter tubes and angle it to suit then weld it up....neat and very simples
Any chance of a picture of how you did it Mark?
Old 10th August 2009, 01:13 PM

Hey Jas, have you started your own website for electrical stuff, or has you address book been hijacked?

It looks like it was sent by Ali G (no relation to Ash! )

vHey,
how are you doing recently?
I would like to introduce you a very good company and its website is www.welt188.com .It can offer you all kinds of electronic products that you may be in need,such as laptops ,gps ,TV LCD,cell phones,ps3,MP3/4,motorcycles and etc........
You can take some time to have a check ,there must be something interesting you 'd like to purchase .
The contact email: welt188@188.com MSN: welt-188@hotmail.com
TEL: 0086+15110177918
Hope you can enjoy yourself in shopping from that company ! Regards

I

Regards

John

Contact us at component-sales@hotmail.co.uk or visit our website www.3gecomponents.com
Old 10th August 2009, 02:19 PM

ok.. well as i couldnt ge tthe front wheels on today, i thought id try fitting some engine and gearbox mounts. i got the engine in the chassis relatively easily, but i had to cut out tr as i can imagine the engine fitting with it in place. my next problem is that the steering coloumn wont reack the rack as the mont that is on the engine gets in the way of it. I have a 1.8 cvh and wondered what the mounts are meant to be like for it, as the engine wonot go low enough for the steering column to be at the right angle to reach the steering rack. any suggestions for those who have a cvh??
Ill try and get some pics later to better descibe my problem.

Thanks
Old 10th August 2009, 02:26 PM

Unfortunately I havent had the time for anything like that John!
Indeed I have been hacked/hi-jacked
Teach me for using the same password everywhere...

Cheers For the concern matey!
Old 10th August 2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
ok.. well as i couldnt ge tthe front wheels on today, i thought id try fitting some engine and gearbox mounts. i got the engine in the chassis relatively easily, but i had to cut out tr as i can imagine the engine fitting with it in place. my next problem is that the steering coloumn wont reack the rack as the mont that is on the engine gets in the way of it. I have a 1.8 cvh and wondered what the mounts are meant to be like for it, as the engine wonot go low enough for the steering column to be at the right angle to reach the steering rack. any suggestions for those who have a cvh??
Ill try and get some pics later to better descibe my problem.

Thanks
The original engine mounting rubbers are quite tall & CVH alloy engine mounts are quite bulky

You may find that you will need to fabricate your own custom mounting arms to avoid the need of re-routing the steering shaft

If you want a bit more freedom to be creative with the engine mountings. You can pick up some landrover rubber engine mounts on ebay for about a Fiver. A lot less bulkier than the Sierra ones & more than up to the job.

www.roadster-builders.co.uk