Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st May 2010, 09:52 PM

Default Just added to my website

Hi folks, just brought my website - www.deepfolly.co.uk more or less up to date.
A couple of photos of the engine in place and the finished scuttle have been added - see part 5.
Been a bit slow recently but hope to get some "quality time" in over the weekend.
Best to all,
Enoch.
Old 21st May 2010, 10:10 PM

Enoch,

You say you haven’t done much, but you have done loads, defiantly more than I have in the same time frame and updated your web site!

I need to get my chassis painted.

I think you are cracking just fine mate.

Cheers Ginge

I was building but I am not now!

Build Pictures

Build Thread
Old 22nd May 2010, 06:42 PM

Cheers, Ginge I got most of my roll bar done today and the panel behind the seats. Tomorrow will defo be a day of rest. Got back in to the swing of it now, going to reread the IVA manual before putting my seatbelt mount cross member in. Don't want Mr and Mrs cock up paying a short sharp vist to Enoch land now, do we?
Best and all that,
Enoch
Old 22nd May 2010, 07:49 PM

Cool Another great read

I must say, you are making some swift progress there Enoch

Don't know how you manage to find the energy what with running the Emporium & that

You have gone a long way in a very short time, pleased you managed to skin that scuttle ok in the end.
Working with sheet material does try the patience at times

Looking forward to the next update

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 22nd May 2010, 09:24 PM

Hiya Ronnie, thanks as always for your positive comments. running 3 businesses, building a car and helping the mother in law to move is indeed a heavy workload. I have had no time at all for my other hobbies
I still have a half built 5 inch gauge steam locomotive to finish and a 1 inch scale traction engine that is in need of some attention. They can wait till the cars done though
Old 22nd May 2010, 10:32 PM

Hey Enoch

You are carcking on well with progress. Hoping to get down tomo for a few hours in preperation for painting next weekend if my seats turn up in time to fit the seat rails.

I know what you mean about other projects - I got 2 3 1/2" Conway locos to finish, a 1" Minnie that ain't far off and the startings of a 4" Foster. Who says you can never have enough projects!
Old 23rd May 2010, 08:51 AM

Hi David, I have a 1 inch minnie as well!! I started building it years ago but made a bit of a mess of the boiler, which leaks like a sieve. I fully intend to sort it one day but just keep it as a display piece at the moment. It runs nicely on air but needs a good supply of it :-) The loco I am building is a 5 inch Boxhill - one of the Stroudley terriers. I intend to finish it in the style of Newington, which sat outside the Hayling Billy pub on Hayling Island for many years. That particular one now runs on the Isle of Wight railway as number 8. My one runs on air, I have a professionaly made boiler for it. I have done some platework but not much. I suspect it will wait for a few years before I get back to it.
All the best,
Dave.
Old 23rd May 2010, 09:56 AM

Talking You guys

Enoch & David ..... You can both stop the lo-co talk at once !!

One thing in life I bitterly regret is, not taking more interest in my late fathers passion for steam locomotives.

When I say lack of interest, what I really mean is not taking the chance to learn some of the skills needed in order to do such intricate work & as is the way of things, that particular door is now closed

My late father produced some wonderfull stuff on his baby Myford lathe .... It used to blow my mind with some of the very intricate components he produced.

I was lucky enough to be given some of his text books & several full sets of plans.
Once the Roadster is built, I fully intend to pick one of the projects & have a crack at it.

All I have to do is learn the skills needed & find a great big double helping of patience ( Not my strongest point )

Thank's to you both for bringing a little nostalga into a nice bright sunny morning

www.roadster-builders.co.uk

Last edited by Bonzo : 23rd May 2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 23rd May 2010, 01:47 PM

Hiya Ronnie, the skills can all be learnt, same as the ones needed for roadster building. Lots of colleges do evening classes, a lot of lecturers seem to be keen model engineers. I don't know if a magazine called "model engineer's workshop" is still around but if it is it's a great place to start as it's aimed at beginners and has lots of very good photos showing workshop practices. My first love is steam, I would love a full size engine but my garage aint big enough I would like to build a 3 or 4 inch Burrell one day but deep pockets are required.
All the best and all that