Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th August 2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud69 View Post
It's really good for the support and feedback, really appreciated..... It makes something we love doing (and many others) all worthwhile. And if anyone is passing you know the kettle is always on and are most welcome.

Dave it's good to hear from you again, forum is not quite the same without your friendly banter. Had a phone call from the builder that bought your kit a few weeks ago and he seems quite chuffed with everything, except one of our aeroscreens wouldn't fit on your home made scuttle......

Many Thanks Again and let hope we can do Chris proud........Andrew
Blimey - have I made that many posts? 667 now
everyone knows that 666 is the number of the beast
but did you know 668 is the number of the beast's next door neighboour? His other neighbour is 664.
999 is the number of his Australian cousin.
333 is the number of the beast's half brother.
I thought you should know
Old 13th August 2011, 07:16 PM

AHHH!!
thats better normal service is resumed
missed you!! your ramblings always made me smile
cheers les g
PS. spud what a good news week you,re having
all the very best and good luck
Old 13th August 2011, 07:57 PM

Come on spud lets have a sneaky look at the drawing of the proposed new car.

Bob

The cave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...deshow/mancave

The build http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12669
Old 14th August 2011, 07:16 AM

Thanks Les, yes it has been a good couple of weeks. Still waiting for that first phone call / placement so still don't exactly what we are letting ourselves in for yet....... But sure it will all be worth it, best lock away my car keys and toys though just in case.

Sorry Robo, not allowed to but cant stop anyone brew and chat if they happen to be passing......

Have a good day....Andrew

Regards..........AndyH
Old 14th August 2011, 10:22 AM

What donor is the single seater going to be
Old 14th August 2011, 11:22 AM

Sorry Max........

Regards..........AndyH
Old 18th August 2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmax1974 View Post
What donor is the single seater going to be

Having made all the suspension and supplied pretty much everything except the box section for the chassis I can tell you it doesn't use one donor, the rear suspension uses the Sierra diff but removed from it's casing so it can be converted to chain drive, the front suspension is all new and uses inboard shocks and parts from the Focus, steering rack is courtesy of the cinquecento. The chassis itself is box section just like the Roadster that you're all familiar with.

The last time I spoke with Chris, there wasn't actually too much left to do, so shouldn't take too long.

TK
Old 18th August 2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick-kit View Post
Having made all the suspension and supplied pretty much everything except the box section for the chassis I can tell you it doesn't use one donor, the rear suspension uses the Sierra diff but removed from it's casing so it can be converted to chain drive, the front suspension is all new and uses inboard shocks and parts from the Focus, steering rack is courtesy of the cinquecento. The chassis itself is box section just like the Roadster that you're all familiar with.

The last time I spoke with Chris, there wasn't actually too much left to do, so shouldn't take too long.

TK
You did a great job of the wishbones too, very nice

There is still a fair old ammount of work to get the car to where it should be though
Old 18th August 2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick-kit View Post

TK
Yes you're right John, 3GE where commissioned to supply various parts and very nice they are to, many thanks. It has come to the crunch stage though where the Single Seater has to be progressed and complete before it becomes too late and i'm very pleased that we can do that for Haynes on Chris's behalf. There is still a lot of work to be done though and a 3 month deadline does not leave a lot of time.

SSC now has an extra full time person on board, primarily, to assist with the grp work and various other bits. It's also good to say that now we have Handy Andy back on the scene he will be back to cutting and putting together the chassis packs for the Sierra and Mx5 based chassis. Both will be supplied under the name of Saturn but again will free me up more to concentrate on the Single Seater and Mx5 project. I have also revisited the price of the chassis packs and reduced the price of the Mx5 based packs even though they also include the relevant plates to go with the chassis, think it was a bit much at first compared to the sierra based packs.

All the Best.....Andrew

Regards..........AndyH
Old 18th August 2011, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to see your expanding, good too that HA is cutting kits

Next step must be to get the customer facilities upgraded.. Just need to find a good plumber !

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders