Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th August 2009, 10:30 PM

Nice one , another Roadster being created

at the last count of the Roadsters currently being built poll i think we,re upto 55 cars,

keep the pics coming as you progress.

cheers
andy
Old 20th August 2009, 09:23 AM

Welcome Leon,

I'm glad I'm not the only one pushing a BMW lump into a roadster!

And here's all my build photo's on a picasa web album http://tinyurl.com/5tbtm46
Old 20th August 2009, 05:17 PM

i guess you deserve moor respect than i. i am going for a m40b18 with the hope to transplant my m42b18 in at a later date (when my e30 shell finaley collapses or i bin hur on track. witch ever comes furst)
i have seen pics of the m42 so know mine shuld not be to hard. you are going for a v8 though? witch one?
Old 29th August 2009, 09:09 PM

its all good in my garage today. it feels like a big task is complete. this is the first big task of many but non the less it feels good.
i have completed all the cutting and profiling of the front frame and tacked it all together well.
only time will tell haw i have done but i am pleased with my progress in just two weeks. and all mesherments are the same where need be and within a mm on tubes that are not suspension related. .5 mm ether way. ish
the frame came out for the first time so that i could clean the garage and mount it further forwards giving room for the back half to be made up over the next couple of weeks.

my girlfriend is passenger and hur friend is driving. not very well i may add but she seems to be smiling.

The frame as it stands with modified transmission tunnel and steering brackets.
Old 14th October 2009, 09:57 AM

just a little progress update.
after having two weeks of after cuting my hand open i started again to lay dawn one weld and my gass ran out. the boss was not happy to help with this problem (under a bit of stress keeping us all in work) it took me another fortnight to find moor gass. so thats a mounth with not mutch progress but.. i have gass againe and have spent the last week of eavnings (an houre or two) welding and dressing my welds.
at work we youse big 3 phase welders that would make light work of this though my hobby set is a tot orcward. you set up the power and wire speed to get a nice cleen weld on some scrap. move over to the schasie and all seems to have changed as the weld is a mess. it is a long and laboreous proses. grinding dawn snot to replace with a good weld onley to move to the next joint and all be diferant again. but we pursavear.
shuld have all the welds done and clean soon enough. off to sort out a new air line naw so i can get my dina file on the job of sprooding up inturnal welds.
Old 14th October 2009, 10:16 AM

It sounds like its coming along ok. Which engineering firm do you work for on the Wirral? I'm over in Bromborough, working in Ellesmere Port. Your posts are a little hard to read though While it seems phonetically correct, it makes my head hurt
Old 14th October 2009, 11:53 AM

Lol. Sorry about the spelling. I try and do the whole spellcheck thing on the desktop but the iPhone is a bit bad at it. I work for a mr swain of swain enganeering part of plymol tubes on the carlain in Hoylake. Do you know us? Not been there long. Maby 4 munths. A joinner by trade but thought a change was needed as if I had to hang another councile estate door I think I culd have shot mysealf. So naw I am lurning to be a welder and fabricator. All good fun and lots of help.
Old 14th October 2009, 02:26 PM

Wow, you're making good progress!!
Old 14th October 2009, 03:26 PM

Thanks chaps.
Had my mouth surgarey thismoorning. All good. Managed to get it dun under lockal so I culd drive home and get on with the build but.... I think I might have the afternoon of. Canot go in to work tomorow as I have to keep dust out of my mouth. Apparantley the risk of infection is hi. Hoping to ask my partners famaley (all doc's) if I culd get away with jental work in the garadge tomorrow with a painters resparator on.
Old 15th October 2009, 08:09 AM

Yeah I know the Carr Lane industrial estate. We do a lot of work with Gunform, who are based there. I had an apicectomy done under local at Arrowe Park hospital. Proper uncomfortable, doesn't help when the doctor appears to be a freelance butcher!