Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th June 2010, 08:06 PM

Default My work here is done!

Well my work here in the workshop for this week that is . Tomorrow morning we roll for Goodwood and the Festival of Speed for a long weekend. We have to call in at Eastleigh on the way to tweek a cruise control I fitted on one of these http://www.classicandperformancecar....s.php/?see=736 a month or two ago, pretty car but frankly underwhelming in performance I thought, then its on to Goodwood in the camper for a weekend of very high octane motorsport fun with a very big capital F!

See you all on Monday if I can't get a connection while down there, D.

P.S. Enoch, don't go doing anything rash like finishing your car .

In edit: if you're missing me you can always visit this thread and make us all happy :-) http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4444
Old 30th June 2010, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

I remember seeing the SZ in "Car" when it was launched.. I was still at scholl and it was stunning..

Have a nice weekend.

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 30th June 2010, 08:24 PM

Cheers TT, the SZ is a stunning looking car but despite being GRP bodied it felt really heavy to drive and performance wasn't as brisk as I expected, my daughter has a 1600 Fiesta Zetec S that feels a lot quicker and a bloody sight nimbler too. A classic case of form over function I think. We fully intend to enjoy every second of the weekend.
Cheers, D.
Old 30th June 2010, 09:41 PM

Have a damn good weekend old chap
Wish I was going but too much to do. I have to do a car boot on Sunday and visit the mother in law and do some chores around the house. I have to work Saturday too
Don't think I will finish the car until at least next week at this rate
Best and all that,
Enoch
Old 1st July 2010, 07:55 AM

Have a good one

I just love those SZ's wouldn't care if it was heavy and slow.... it would break down anyway lol
Old 2nd July 2010, 07:14 AM

Well here we eare at Goodwood, parked next to us in the camping field is a Caterham Sprint and next to that is a little yellow roadster although I haven't as yet established exactly what it is but I think it might be a Westfield. We've seen a couple of Ferraris down here and a smattering of classic tin such as TR6s and GT6s.

Called in on the customer yesterday to sort the SZ and it took about fifteen minutes to sort out, then a pub lunch in Chichester before trundling down here for about 2.30 pm and getting set up so happy daze.

I'll try and tease you all with a few photos of the cars and stars later.

D.
Old 2nd July 2010, 08:21 AM

That's going to be a fantastic weekend Davey you lucky burger. If only i had the time and money to be there....

Have a great weekend and give Jenson a kick up the butt for me - don't think he really needs it though.

AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 2nd July 2010, 12:24 PM

Have a great time at FoS I went today last year and enjoyed it however the weather was really sunny and hot.

Going to Chichester later hope the traffic isn't too bad.
Old 2nd July 2010, 07:01 PM

Just got to the camper and have taken 339 photosd on my DSLR, 20 mins of footage on the camcorder and about 100 or so on the wife's pocket digital cam so a bit of sorting to do before i can post any, oh yeah a couple of shots on my phone too 'cos I hadn't time to change the lens on my DSLR. I'll try and post a few a bit later. Cheers Spud, didn't see Jenson today, I think its Sunday he's here. Did take a 46 second blast around a dirt track in a Bowler, cost £20 mind but it was a thrill ride for sure. Weather has been fantastic really, hot and sticky, some overcast spells but mostly sunny.

D.

P.S. sorry guys for some reason I can't post pictures when using my mobile as a modem so you'll have to wait till Monday evening.
Old 4th July 2010, 07:55 PM

Well that's the end of Goodwood FoS 2010 and what a weekend its been! We've had fantastic weather, seen some amazing cars and even a transit van going obscenely quickly up the hill. Met Freddie Sheene, Barry's son and my mate got his autograph too. Seen star drivers like Jackie Stewart, Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, John Surtees, Bruno Senna, Karun Chandhok and loads more. Seen cars being driven ridiculously fast by the above named and more. Seen a 1938 Alfa Romeo GP car get slapped sideways into the hay bales. But the icing on the cake was as we were coming out tonight my wife spotted Murray Walker doing book signings and Stirling Moss signing autographs so I bought the Stirling Moss birthday book and got both autographs, and it was only a tenner :-). I will post some photos tomorrow when we're back home but I've got about 1100 to sort through!

D.