Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd October 2009, 11:06 PM

Default new build

Hi I am martin 62 i suppose you can take me off the thinking to build poll I have been lurking around for a good while waiting to make a start.I live in co. limerick Ireland I have almost finished a book locost just that life work and family got in the way.I hope to build a roadster with a 1.6 pinto with gszr 6 carbs in lot less time than the last one with the the help of this forum
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:10 PM

welcome to the forum Martin, ( even tho you,ve been lurking for a while), keep us updated with your Roadster build, looks like there will be another Roadster in your area soon too,

best regards for your current & future builds.

andy
Old 9th November 2009, 10:56 PM

Default new build

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandyAndy View Post
welcome to the forum Martin, ( even tho you,ve been lurking for a while), keep us updated with your Roadster build, looks like there will be another Roadster in your area soon too,

best regards for your current & future builds.

andy
could any one help me I am trying to set up u1/u2 with tr1/tr2 is there an easy way to make sure they are vertical any help would be appreciated
Old 9th November 2009, 11:01 PM

Hi Martin,

the U1 U2 need to be 361mm apart on BR7 then lean out to the underside of TR1 & TR2,
what prob have you encountered? i,ll help if i can.

cheers
andy
Old 9th November 2009, 11:15 PM

not sure if my above post explained clearly what i meant (sorry, its been a long day & i,m tired )

basically the "feet" of U1 & U2 sit on BR7 361mm apart, helps if a center line is drawn on the table/bottom rails etc, they then lean outwards & position on the underside of the TR1 or TR2 rail, there is a slight point that is visible on the outside of the TR rail due to the angle of the TR rail as its angled inwards to the front frame.

hope this helps.

cheers
andy
Old 10th November 2009, 09:59 PM

Default new build

Quote:
not sure if my above post explained clearly what i meant (sorry, its been a long day & i,m tired )

basically the "feet" of U1 & U2 sit on BR7 361mm apart, helps if a center line is drawn on the table/bottom rails etc, they then lean outwards & position on the underside of the TR1 or TR2 rail, there is a slight point that is visible on the outside of the TR rail due to the angle of the TR rail as its angled inwards to the front frame.

hope this helps.

cheers
andy
hi andy thank you for your answer I was just wondering if there was any measurment from the front of ff4 to the intersection point of u1 and tr1 just to make sure it correctly positioned
Old 10th November 2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin62 View Post
hi andy thank you for your answer I was just wondering if there was any measurment from the front of ff4 to the intersection point of u1 and tr1 just to make sure it correctly positioned
ah, i see what you mean now Martin, sorry, last night as i mentioned i was tired .

for the measurement you are looking for i used the center diagram on page 38 fig 4.8.
in the center diagram using the dimensions of 2360 minus 2095 = 265 ( total length of bottom of chassis V length of bottom of chassis to forward face of U1 & 2 ) then subtract 75 from 265 =190

so the intersection of the front point of U1 U2 under the TR1 & TR2 rails is 190mm rearwards from the front face of the front frame part FF4,

make sure you take the 190mm from FF4 & not FF1 as they are 75mm apart due to the "lean back effect" of the whole front frame.

i hope this helps.

cheers
andy
Old 11th November 2009, 09:07 PM

Default new build

Quote:
ah, i see what you mean now Martin, sorry, last night as i mentioned i was tired .

for the measurement you are looking for i used the center diagram on page 38 fig 4.8.
in the center diagram using the dimensions of 2360 minus 2095 = 265 ( total length of bottom of chassis V length of bottom of chassis to forward face of U1 & 2 ) then subtract 75 from 265 =190

so the intersection of the front point of U1 U2 under the TR1 & TR2 rails is 190mm rearwards from the front face of the front frame part FF4,

make sure you take the 190mm from FF4 & not FF1 as they are 75mm apart due to the "lean back effect" of the whole front frame.

i hope this helps.

cheers
andy
Hi Andy maybe it was the way I first explained it thanks for the help roll on sunday
Old 22nd November 2009, 09:24 PM

Default new build

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin62 View Post
Hi Andy maybe it was the way I first explained it thanks for the help roll on sunday
Decent progress today perfect weather for working in the garage with the help of an early christmass present

http://s692.photobucket.com/albums/v...artin62runner/
Old 22nd November 2009, 09:30 PM

chassis is looking great, its quite a satisfying feeling when the chassis grows in height

is the christmas prezzie the compound saw?

andy