Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Bodywork and interior
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd March 2011, 09:40 AM

Johnw, the new bonnet does not clear the standard efi manifold. It clears the cam covers, injection rail fuel regulator, rear cam cover breather and everything else but the standard manifold still gets in the way. It is easier to mod the manifold with the new bonnet but that lump of alli is a real pain. My engine is set so the sump is 40mm below the level of the bottom rails. I did post about this a couple of weeks back, there is more info in my last post.
Enoch.
Old 22nd March 2011, 10:41 AM

Thats nice to see thanks David after all the work its taken, makes it all worth while. Car is looking real good to and a couple of black stripes will really set it off.....

Have just taken one of the new bonnets out of the mold in Rape Yellow, RAL 1021, and looks really good. Just wish we could be getting single seater bodies out of the mold......

Cheers....Andrew

Regards..........AndyH
Old 22nd March 2011, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

you can you just haven't got anyone to sell it to YET!

My Pictures
http://s707.photobucket.com/user/ashgardiner/profile/
Old 22nd March 2011, 11:53 AM
fabbyglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshG View Post
you can you just haven't got anyone to sell it to YET!
Why not it
Old 22nd March 2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Johnw, the new bonnet does not clear the standard efi manifold. It clears the cam covers, injection rail fuel regulator, rear cam cover breather and everything else but the standard manifold still gets in the way. It is easier to mod the manifold with the new bonnet but that lump of alli is a real pain. My engine is set so the sump is 40mm below the level of the bottom rails. I did post about this a couple of weeks back, there is more info in my last post.
Enoch.
Hi Enoch, thanks for the answer but are the dimensions for the PINTO SOHC EFI the same as for the DOHC EFI? I thought the DOHC head would be wider and the big lump of alloy sticks out on the opposite side to the Pinto if i'm not mistaken.

Regards

John
Old 22nd March 2011, 08:18 PM
fabbyglass

How much is a single seater body set Andy?
Old 22nd March 2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabbyglass View Post
How much is a single seater body set Andy?
Dont know yet Mark, haven't yet really thought about it. The 6 piecer, cockpit / nose, engine cover, 4 wheel arches, should be about the same as a 10 piecer mainly due to all the extra work that is in the nose and cockpit.

Sounds like you have some ideas Mark......

Andrew

Regards..........AndyH
Old 23rd March 2011, 09:32 AM

JohnW, the DOHC is bigger than the pinto in all dimensions. I have not seen the SOHC inlet close up for a long while - I can't remember if it is as huge as the twin cam one. I would have thought it should be nearer the centre line as the head on the pinto is much narrower. If you can measure from the centre of your engine to the outer edge of the manifold I should be able to compare that measurement on my car. If you have your scuttle and nose cone you could also run a straight line and measure how high the inlet sticks up above the normal bonnet line.
Enoch.
Old 23rd March 2011, 10:20 AM
fabbyglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud69 View Post
Dont know yet Mark, haven't yet really thought about it. The 6 piecer, cockpit / nose, engine cover, 4 wheel arches, should be about the same as a 10 piecer mainly due to all the extra work that is in the nose and cockpit.

Sounds like you have some ideas Mark......

Andrew
No i can't undo this straight jacket but means my head goes into overdrive so full of daft ideas and questions like what came first the chicken or the egg and how many space blokes did it take to make the pyramids, you know, sensible stuff like that...
Old 23rd March 2011, 08:11 PM

You should read "Was God an astronaut" Mark,allowing for removal of said straight jacket of course.

If at first you dont succeed,avoid skydiving...

No parachute require to freefall,only if you want to do it twice.