Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Chassis
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd March 2011, 11:09 AM

Default MT75 tunnel MT4 MT5 MT6 MT10 MT12 ???

Agghh I have just had a leyroybrown911 moment building the MT75 transmission tunnel. Things are a little confusing with those plans.. might just be me though.

Can someone who has built this tunnel confirm that the front uprights MT6 are placed on top of the bottom rail BR11 lining up with it's front edge and not the back edge as is shown on the plan drawing.

My way of thinking is that if the layout of MT4 & MT5 is correct and MT10 and MT12 have to be directly above them the two MT6's have to be set at the front of BR11.

Or have i missed something...?
Old 22nd March 2011, 08:33 PM

Ha ha well remembered! Glad that is behind me now!

I see where you are coming from! I decided to centre the uprights (MT6s) on B11 in the end and it came out looking ok.

Will be posting some pics on my blog later, av a look.

Leigh
Old 24th March 2011, 09:34 AM

Thanks leigh I had started at the back and worked forward welding everything as I went. I had placed the MT6's on MT2 & 3 (as in the type 9 tunnel) then fitted the MT9's . When I went to fit MT 10 & 12 the weeping wailing and gnashing of teeth started. It all had to come out again - still it proved my welding was all decent - it was a swine to get apart.

Anyway for the benefit of anyone who faces this problem in the future I have decded that I will position the MT6's at the front edge of the bottom rail. For my build this seems the logical place to site it as it is the point from which MT4 & MT5 flare out to join MT 10........Im not saying i am right however.

Of course now I have welded it up again no doubt someone will tell me i'm wrong and give me half a dozen reasons why ha ha