Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Chassis
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th November 2010, 04:27 PM

Default Come across a problem with TR2 ?

Hi all have been mocking up the chassis today ...not welding just held together with magneic clamps and modesty blocks...when i offered up TR2 to the front frame it passes over U6 but where it should sit on U5 there is an 8mm gap (height)...Have a long bead on top of TR2 and it is perfectly level as is BR2...anybody know what i may have done wrong ?
Old 6th November 2010, 05:46 PM

TR2 must be parallel to the plane of the table. If your U5 and U6 are the same length, then either the dimensions or the positioning of the front frame are incorrect. By the way, TR2 should not sit on U5, but rather share one edge.
Old 6th November 2010, 09:26 PM

Hi Andy,

Sorry to ask, but do you have U5 facing the correct way? ( asked politely ), I haven,t got my book at home with me but U5 has a 5degree angle cut into it which should face the rear of the car, as this is where the side of the cockpit sides start to slope down a little.
TR2 should "just" sit on the forward leading edge of U5.......( wish I had my book with me ).

Also...may I ask if you have the same problem with TR1?...just trying to picture the situation.

cheers
andy
Old 6th November 2010, 09:46 PM

Cheers for replys i have since remmoved a very slight burr on one of the uprights and the gap is now about 4mm...tomorrow i will check the front frame 75mm gap and possibly dress the weld that is in contact with the table and clamp it down hard....going to have to calm the bull in a china shop for this build !!!
Old 7th November 2010, 05:56 PM

Update ...have started laying out again with a remeasured center line...and have come across this issue which i think may have been my problem...at the point that BR1 and BR2 meet FF4 the angles on he BR's are not lining up with FF4...they need to be moved closer together...but...if i do that then BR7 will not go in between BR8 and 9...something is wrong somewhere..the rest is bloody perfect...will try and link some pics as i am not the best at explaining things
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/...Locost/063.jpg
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/...Locost/062.jpg
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/...Locost/061.jpg