Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Chassis
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th June 2012, 07:40 PM

Default New Pedal Box

Hello everyone,
I've kept it a little bit secret for one month now, as I wanted to finish it before showing it and I was note sure I could go to the end . I've actually redrawn the pedal box of the book, and now it is finished. Of course, I got a lot of inspirations from the pedal box of the book, and from other existing pedal boxes, but my idea was: why cutting new plates, order them laser-cut, when at this stage of the building, we have so much left overs of tubes. And why not using the leftovers of 20mm round section tube instead of a 28mm for the pivot of the pedals? Furthermore, the position of the driver in the Roadster is closer to a single seater than to a sedan. So why not having a single seater-like pedal box, with square tubular section pedals in a vertical position? of course, this gave a lot of changes in the geometry and I had to adapt every single element of the pedal box to this new design. But it was passionating to do it, and now the pedal box actually exists .
Here are a few pics. All the details and a lot of other pictures on my blog. Unfortunately, I haven't written the “English subtitles” yet, but they are coming. Anyway, hopefully pictures are talking by themselves (or you can practice your French )

http://vouchtroadster.blogspot.se/20...edal-box1.html

All comments are welcome !
Thank you.
Sylvain

MyPedalBox03.jpg

IMG_1467_1.JPG

IMG_1470_1.JPG